Aquatic Ecologist / Environmental Scientist
Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
GHD's Water Group is home to water and wastewater specialists, who specialise in treatment, quality, environmental compliance, strategy, and all-round problem solving for the water industry. We service municipal and commercial clients across northern NSW and support the wider GHD business with clients across Australia, New Zealand and the US.
Our Newcastle Region is currently seeking an enthusiastic and results driven Aquatic Ecologist at Experienced Professional or Senior Level to become an integral member of our Newcastle Water team.
With a focus on freshwater systems, you will conduct impact assessments for infrastructure and mining projects, along with independent environmental studies and reports.
Possessing relevant tertiary qualifications and field experience, you’ll bring at experience in similar positions as well as confidence building and developing client relationships.
This diverse and exciting position will see you involved in:
- Fieldwork and consultancy reporting for a range of environmental fields, including assessments of Surface and Groundwater quality, Aquatic Ecology, Sediment quality/ toxicity and/ or Eco-toxicity
- Providing advice and direction regarding relevant regulatory frameworks and project approval pathways
- Maintaining relationships with clients, government and regulatory bodies and other partners
- Contributing to relevant projects, including preparation and review of fee proposals, management of resources, budget, risks and health and safety
What would you bring to the team?
- A minimum of years 5 of experience in a similar role, preferably from within a consulting, commercial or government environment
- Experience in environmental approvals for major infrastructure
- A working understanding of water and environmental legislation, both Federal and State
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and relationship building skills
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/ Engineering
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Paul Inglis
T +61 3 8687 8619.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.