Bush Crew Members
- 2x Full Time Bush Crew Members
- 1x Full Time Mower Operator
Landlinks Environmental Services P/L is seeking motivated and enthusiastic individuals to undertake environmental works, landscaping, parks & gardens, mowing and weed control works.
New contracts & contract renewals mean we need more staff to assist our existing teams.
Our depot is in Pakenham with clients and sites based all around Melbourne & Victoria. We generally work / travel to the Eastern Suburbs, East West & South Gippsland, Yarra Valley, Dandenong Ranges, Mornington Peninsula and other parts of Victoria for work, however all shifts start and finish at our Pakenham depot.
- 40 hour working week – start 6.30am finish 3.00pm
- Opportunity for Saturday overtime – time & a half (not compulsory to the role but appreciated)
We work in a variety of settings with private landholders to state & local government authorities. Every day is different and varied as well as challenging with unique environmental experiences.
We conduct work on various environmental sites from wetlands to forests, park & reserves and offer opportunities to staff and reward loyalty. We value our staff as team members and encourage flexibility and learning.
Key Selection Criteria:
Ability and/ or experience in:
- Herbicide application using knapsacks, quik spray units or other equipment.
- Landscaping - soft landscaping with some basic construction
- Planting - riparian, WSUD, street tree & revegetation
- Hand weeding, woody weed removal, mulching, planting, brushcutting, revegetation works, landscaping, tree / chainsaw work
- Tractor operation with slasher (preferred)
- Mowing using zero turn machines & the use of brushcutters and other small machines
- Nursery operation, including seed raising, plant propagation, general nursery management
Current certificates/licenses are preferred including:
- Driver’s License - essential
- Truck licence (LR or MR a minimum) or willing to obtain
- First Aid (Level 2)
- ACUP – Agricultural Chemical Users Permit
- Construction Induction (Red Card)
- Chainsaw - Crosscut (Level 1)
- Diploma / Cert - Horticulture/ Conservation Land Management or similar preferred
- A commitment to working in a team environment
- Ability to complete tasks on schedule to achieve agreed projects and work priorities in accordance with supervisor’s direction.
- Tertiary or TAFE qualifications in Conservation Land Management, Natural Resource Management, Horticulture, Landscaping or similar will be highly regarded.
We seek applications from people who meet the above criteria and can demonstrate experience in environmental services.
Please note that these jobs are physically demanding and there is a requirement to work in all weather conditions.
Positions to start immediately, as resumes are received, we will start interviewing but job applications will conclude Monday 26th September 2022
Interviews will be held as applications come in so send in your application now.
Interested? Please email me your resume, address the Key Selection Criteria (above) and cover letter to Lucas Paull: [email protected]