Bush Regeneration Coordinator
Trees in Newcastle is currently seeking a part-time Bush Regeneration Coordinator responsible for oversight and direction of the bush regeneration team and ongoing business development.
Established in 1989, Trees in Newcastle is a not-for-profit organisation that operates a community native plant nursery along with a small bush regeneration team working in the Lower Hunter region.
Based at Trees in Newcastle Community Nursery, 119 Kalaroo Road, Redhead NSW, this position reports directly to the Chair of the Board of Trees in Newcastle.
Specific Tasks / Duties performed by this position
- Tendering/quoting for ecological restoration projects, including project management, bush regeneration, and revegetation
- Designing and costing ecological restoration projects
- Project Management, including client liaison, negotiating contracts, and overseeing contract implementation
- Coordinating the bush regeneration team, providing supervision to the Team Leader, and collaborating with the Trees in Newcastle Nursery Manager
- Coordination of equipment and vehicles needed to support the bush regeneration team.
- Ensure all Work Health and Safety policies and procedures are up-to-date and implemented including site-specific Management Plans and Safe Work Method Statements.
- Business Development including seeking new projects, promoting Trees in Newcastle services
- Current Driver’s Licence
- A minimum of Certificate III Bushland Management/ Conservation and Land Management or equivalent, or experience in the field
- Supervising and project management experience • Excellent ecological restoration knowledge and skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Highly organised and the ability to meet deadlines
- Experience in designing tendering and quoting ecological restoration projects
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Chemical Application Certificate
Employment Terms and Condition
- Initially, this role would be offered as a casual position at 20hrs per week. It is envisaged that as the business grows additional hours would be offered in line with the projected workload.
- A work vehicle and all tools and equipment are available to the team.
To contact us or apply for the position please send your CV and application to [email protected]