Camel Tour Guide
Pyndan Camel Tracks Alice Springs is looking for an energetic person to join our small team in July 2021.
Camel Tour Guides are employed under the Amusements Events and Recreation Award with starting pay rates at Level 3 or 4 depending on experience. The position is full-time (38-hour week) on a roster with the inclusion of either Saturday or Sunday.
Previous experience with camels is not necessary, as you'll be trained in these skills. The talents that we seek are people with initiative who are fit, strong, articulate, friendly and comfortable talking to people from all places. We seek permanent Australian residents who hold an open Australian driver's license, preferably Light Rigid.
Our Camel Tour Guide position is based in Alice Springs Northern Territory. Please email to [email protected] your resume, a cover letter and a response to our questions below.
1. What is your experience with animals, in particular large animals?
2. What is your experience in the tourist industry?
3. What's your fitness level? What weight can you easily carry whilst walking 50 paces? How many kilometres can you walk in one hour on a flat surface?
4. Do you have any injuries?
5. What is your driver's license classification?
6. Have you lived in Alice Springs before? What challenges would face you moving to Alice Springs?
7. Have you traveled outside of Australia?
8. What job have you worked in that required you to entertain/host people from all over the world?
9. Do you have skills with rope tying or splicing?
10. Have you worked in a job before that was located outside for 90 percent of the time? In particular, where summer temperatures may be over 35 degrees.
11. Have you worked in hospitality?
We look forward to hearing from you. Please note that the position is based close to Alice Springs. You will need to have your own vehicle to travel to work; no accommodation or vehicle is provided with the position.
[Applications close 23 July 2021 unless the position is filled earlier]