Casual Ecologist or Environmental Scientist
Anderson Environmental Pty Ltd is seeking a Casual Ecologist or Environmental Scientist to undertake a range of assessments in the Sydney Region. Experience in the identification of plants is essential as the role would be undertaking flora and fauna surveys and assessments. The hours are quite flexible and vary with current projects.
We are seeking a motivated and enthusiastic Casual Ecologist/Environmental Scientist. We are seeking someone preferably with 3 years’ experience in the environmental consulting industry. The position is casual on an as needs basis.
- A relevant Bachelor-level university degree in the field of Ecology, Environmental Science, Botany, Zoology or another relevant discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years practical experience undertaking field-based surveys, data analysis and reporting, preferably in a consulting capacity.
- Experience in application of the NSW biodiversity planning framework, Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and BAM Plots.
- Experience undertaking ecological survey with sound skills in the identification of the vegetation communities of NSW.
- Working knowledge of relevant NSW and Commonwealth environmental legislation and planning policies in relation to field surveys and report writing.
- Previous experience in preparing ecological reports such as ecological impact assessments, monitoring reports and management plans, 5-part tests, BDAR Reports, including Vegetation Management Plans.
- Experience in Fauna Relocation desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team of professionals.
- Solid problem solving, analytical and conceptual skills.
- Strong communication skills, including technical report writing.
- Ability to work outdoors in field locations and a willingness to travel is essential.
- A full current NSW driver’s licence.
- Accredited BAM assessor (desirable).