Casual Environmental Works Team Member
The team at Platypus Environmental Services (Platypus) are passionate and committed to enhancing the natural environment through the delivery of innovative and sustainable services.
Platypus provide services across the full life cycle of natural resource and river restoration programs. Combining our people capability and operational resources we specialise in delivering a diverse range of high-quality environmental services, including Consulting Services, Restoration Programs and Activities, Civil Construction Services and Maintenance Services. The team at Platypus undertake these range of services in environmentally sensitive locations – be that aquatic, ephemeral, riparian, terrestrial or bushland.
We value quality, integrity, care and respect.
About the Role
As a Casual Environmental Works Team Member, you will be responsible to provide assistance in the delivery of various high-quality environmental services including weed control works, revegetation, wetland establishment, erosion control, tree works, and assisting in environmental civil works on occasion.
You will be required to complete physically demanding manual work in the outdoors, and operate in a safe and effective team environment within the framework of our daily safety, quality and environmental management systems.
This role is located in the inner and greater East and north/east regions of Melbourne.
Skills and Experience
- Track record of hard work, reliability and customer service
- Experience and capabilities working in Conservation and Land Management and/or relevant experience in related sectors.
- Diploma or Degree in Conservation and Land Management, Environmental Science, Agriculture or related disciplines and/or extensive equivalent experience.
- Qualifications/ Licences: Current Victorian Manual Driver’s Licence, First Aid Level 2, White Card, ACUP, Chainsaw Ticket
- Basic knowledge and understanding of environmental tasks and natural resource management techniques including herbicide application using knapsacks and high-volume rig equipment, hand weeding, woody weed removal, revegetation works, brushcutting and GPS mapping.
- Ability to take responsibility for ensuring own and team members physical and psychological wellbeing and safety.
- Ability to identify indigenous and exotic flora species.
- Sound knowledge of a variety of safety and environmental hazards, risks and associated controls within a natural resource or waterway context.
- Actively contribute to trying different approaches and taking responsibility for actions, accountability for own performance
- Sound safety leadership and communication skills, with an ability to work in a team environment and communicate clearly with a range of people.
- Competent use and/or ability to learn about safe operation of range of tools, equipment and small plant, ranging from hand tools to machinery.
- Must be vaccinated for COVID-19 in line with current Government mandate
For further information or to submit your application, please address selection criteria in your cover letter and together with your resume send via email to [email protected]