Conservation Programs Coordinator
- Conservation Programs Coordinator
- $70,406 - $81,571 pa pro rata (plus super)
- Temporary Part Time – until November 2020 (2 days per week)
The City of Greater Dandenong is an organisation of exceptional character. We invest in the development of our people and the community and we strive to be a workplace that is respectful, engaged, accountable, creative and honest. We are a progressive organisation, in a city that is on the move and we offer a dynamic and rewarding work environment.
We offer exceptional working conditions and are focused on providing a workplace that values diverse contributions, cares for your health and wellbeing and fosters a positive work culture. We ensure all people have an equal opportunity for employment and advancement within our organisation.
We embrace our diverse community and work environment and encourage applications from everyone including people of Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander background, people of diverse sexual orientation and gender, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and people of varied age, ability, and faith. Council will give due consideration to any workplace adjustments to accommodate the needs of any prospective or existing staff member.
The Parks team is seeking expressions of interest for a 12 month opportunity that has arisen for the above role whilst the incumbent is working reduced hours following their return from parental leave.
As a job-sharing arrangement for the Conservation Programs Coordinator, your responsibilities will include:
- Facilitate the development of conservation management plans, grant programs and related projects
- Lead and supervise the operations of the Bushland Management Team
- Assist with the provision of environmental education programs
- Undertake effective contract management
- Ensure excellent customer service standards are applied.
The successful candidate must have:
- A successful track record of supervising conservation staff, volunteers and community groups and have a comprehensive knowledge of conservation, education and open space programs
- Highly effective interpersonal skills, incorporating verbal and written communication, listening, liaison, negotiation, facilitation and excellent customer service
- A proven successful record of leading staff and contractors to achieve business objectives
- The capacity to effectively manage time, establish priorities and achieve business objectives, despite conflicting pressures
- Intermediate to advanced PC literacy, incorporating MS Office applications
- Recognised tertiary qualification in environmental science, land management or related discipline
- Holder of a current Victorian Drivers Licence
Applicants must adequately meet the requirements of the role and fully address the selection criteria contained in the position description. To view a copy of this position description, please click on the link below.
You may be required to undertake practical testing, work preference profiling / psychometric testing, functional capacity assessment (physical) or aptitude testing.
We offer a range of benefits for staff including a friendly team environment, salary sacrificed child care (where available), discounted gym membership and a vibrant social club.
Please apply by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.
Further information: Maree Keenan, 8571 1768
Applications close: 5pm, Friday, 25 October 2019