Contaminated Site Consultant - Environmental Scientist Graduate
An exciting opportunity for a graduate contaminated sites environmental consultant to elevate your career, working with some of the most experienced contaminated site consultants in Australia and taking on a pivotal role at the right time as a new company grows, with excellent training and travel opportunities.
You will be working with a new extremely fast-growing contaminated sites environmental consulting company, iEnvironmental Australia, getting trained in reporting, preliminary site investigations, detailed site investigations, remediation and environmental management - you will be working both in the office and in the field.
Quality, timeliness (organisation) and integrity will be the most important elements of your work, with opportunities to receive training both internally and externally, and accreditations.
To apply for this role you need the following:
- Have excellent self organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Excellent Microsoft office skills (MS Word and Excel) or Google Docs/Sheets skills;
- Be able to do fieldwork and not be afraid to ask questions, and most importantly keen to learn.
- Be keen for knowledge and continuous improvement;
- Keen to service clients with excellent timeliness and quality and able to keep yourself organised and motivated;
- Good attitude and affable in group working environment.
This will be a pivotal role in what we hope will soon be one of Australia's leading environmental consultancies.
Your role will include:
- Reporting to the Operations Manager;
- Assistance with reporting and compiling reports;
- Developing Health and Safety Documents;
- Developing Safety analysis and Quality Plans;
- Assisting with field data logging;
- Assisting with fieldwork, including soil, groundwater and vapour sampling;
- Being considerate and respectful to fellow employees, clients and contractors;
- Preparing DSI, PSI, EMP and RAP reports, working with mid level and Principal level staff;
- Developing and delivering sampling programs (drilling, GMEs, soil sampling) and experience working with drill rigs, excavators, quality controls for low flow groundwater sampling;
- Travel interstate and remote locations when required;
- iEnvi will support your training and career growth;
- Developing and refining templates (reports, field documents);
- Developing detailed cost proposals; and
- Project management to ensure your tasks are on time, on budget and of high quality.
About our company
iEnvironmental Australia Pty Ltd, or iEnvi, is a non-conforming contaminated sites consultancy made up of highly experienced environmental professionals and project managers, who wish to bring integrity and service back to environmental projects by forming the best available teams and utilising new technologies and methods of delivery that enhance value. We currently have less than 10 employees, with a network of more than 50 individuals who are sourced for implementing various projects and fieldwork - we have grown exponentially since registration in April 2018. You can see some of our recent projects and more about us on www.ienvi.com.au
If this sounds like you and you would like to work in a challenging role in a new style of company, working with senior consultants directly and learning how to manage while keeping your consulting skills in development, please submit your CV and a covering letter. Shortlisted candidates will be then sent a questionnaire to fill in prior to interview rounds in February.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- What's your highest level of education?
- Do you own or have regular access to a car?