Coordinator Environmental Sustainability
Be passionate. Be progressive. Hawkesbury City Council.
- Salary negotiable from $97k
- Leaseback vehicle
- Permanent full time
- 19 day month
Located on the edge of Sydney, Hawkesbury boasts Sydney’s Largest Local Government area all within 1 hour drive from the City. With a developing aerospace precinct with linkages across education, health, equine, defence, tourism, the area embraces its’ heritage as Australia’s third oldest settlement and is considered “a vibrant city with a rural feel”.
We are an organisation that offers exciting challenges to provide contemporary services to our community. If you are open to fresh ideas, committed to progressing new initiatives and driven to provide the very best service to our community we want to hear from you.
This role is a newly created position reporting directly to the Manager Strategic Planning, as the Coordinator Environmental Sustainability. You will lead the Environmental Sustainability Team to develop & deliver innovative programs, initiatives and projects that respond to strategies, policies and legislation, including the areas of corporate sustainability, climate adaption. Waste education and resilience.
You must have:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Management, Science or similar and / or relstevant industry experience supported by environmental sustainability experience.
- A comprehensive understanding of emerging concerns in relation to environmental management
- Demonstrated experience in research and using data to inform solutions and programs.
- Demonstrated skills in negotiation and consultation, and the ability to communicate with stakeholders to navigate effectively through complex issues and competing priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in leading a team to successfully develop programs, initiatives and solutions for environmental issues.
An attractive salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant commensurate with qualification, skills and experience.
For further position details, including the selection criteria and how to apply, please visit our website or if you do not have access to our website call the Human Resources Coordinator at 02 4560 4444.
Applications close 5pm Sunday, 29 September 2019
Applicants who do not address the selection criteria may not be considered for this position.
Please note that the canvassing of Councillors in relation to these matters will automatically disqualify the applicant from this process.