Position Title: Database Manager
Location: Level 14, 338 Pitt Street, Sydney NSW 2000
Hours: Part time - 2 days (15.2 hrs) per week, flexible schedule available
Contract period: 12 months with possibility of extension pending funding
Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 (salary based on skills and experience) pro rata p.a. plus super
We are seeking an experienced Database Manager to ensure the effective ongoing management of our new donor and supporter database.
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will work closely with the Operations, Fundraising and Campaigns teams to ensure that our CRM works effectively with our other systems and supports the needs of all members of staff. To be successful in the role you will be an outcome driven database specialist who strives to deliver exceptional data and analytics, working collaboratively with both internal and external stakeholders to achieve organisational goals.
You will use your experience and technical skills to support the final stages of our new database implementation and to manage and maintain our database.
You will be essential to the set up and maintenance of systems for targeted donor and supporter relations that allow us to effectively engage with our supporter base and grow our organisation to ensure nature in NSW thrives.
The Nature Conservation Council of NSW and the environment groups we represent have been winning protections for nature in NSW for more than 60 years. We’ve been at the center of many of the state’s iconic conservation battles and have notched up countless wins for nature and local communities.
Today, we work to clean up the state’s dirty electricity system, end unsustainable tree clearing on farms and in our forests, bring our rivers back to health, give marine life in our coastal waters the protection it deserves and provide leadership on fire policy, education and ecology.
You can find more information about our work as the voice for nature in NSW at www.nature.org.au.
- Develop and implement processes, templates and rules for data importing, exporting, cleaning, and formatting.
- Assist with the final stages of transition to a new CRM and associated systems.
- Set up and configure email campaigning tools to the new CRM.
- ‘List’ analysis, organisation and segmentation to support fundraising and campaigning efforts.
- Ensure compliance with best-practice data governance, privacy and security, and management practices.
- System testing, reporting, and monitoring.
- Act as the main point of contact with the new CRM systems’ suppliers.
- Work with Senior Digital Specialist to develop and maintain supporter engagement data and email lists, including identifying warm and cold contacts.
- Identify opportunities for targeted fundraising requests, or ‘hot lists’.
- Transition the organisation to best-practice data management systems, including the effective integration between the fundraising database and other NCC databases or systems, such as the website, finance system, mass-emailing and petition systems.
- Develop, document, and provide training in our database management processes at a time of rapid growth, including; data queries, selections, importation, transitions, segmentation, and analysis.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Demonstrated experience with the management of a CRM database.
- Demonstrated ability to both manage and maintain a growing CRM for a small to medium-sized organisation, including: importing, formatting, cleaning, segmenting, testing and preparing reports.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyse data, prepare formal tests, and provide that information in a useful format to fine-tune fundraising, direct marketing and digital campaign strategies and tactics.
- Good organisational skills, including time management, attention to detail, an ability to work to tight deadlines, and willingness to work flexible hours.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop strong stakeholder relationships, understand how to use a database to meet the needs of others and translate technical information to non-technical individuals.
- Ability to manage, undertake and guide work to achieve goals both independently and in a team.
- Knowledge and experience with NationBuilder, Umbracoand Campaign Monitor platforms.
- Knowledge and experience with the ThankQ database.
HOW TO APPLY
Applicants must have a legal right to work in Australia.
To apply, please email the following documents to [email protected] by 9am Monday, 3rd December 2018:
- Your curriculum vitae, including contact details for two referees.
- A cover letter, no more than 3 pages, responding to both the essential and desirable selection criteria.
NCC is an equal opportunity employer and people who identify as: ATSI, coming from a non-English speaking background, women, LGBTQ+ are encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact:
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (02) 9516 1488