Director – Biodiversity Science
The Organisation and the Team
The Department of Environment & Energy designs and implements Australian Government policy and programs to protect and conserve the environment, water and heritage, promote climate action, and provide adequate, reliable and affordable energy.
The role oversees the Australian Biological Resources Study (ABRS), Bush Blitz, Biodiversity Informatics, the National Seed Bank and Centre for Australian National Biodiversity Research (CANBR) - a joint partnership between Parks Australia and CSIRO.
The Director, Biodiversity Science Section (BSS) leads a section of 30-35 staff, plus associates and volunteers, to deliver science and data outcomes for Parks Australia and the Department of the Environment & Energy. BSS includes the Australian Biological Resources Study (ABRS), Bush Blitz, Biodiversity Informatics, the National Seed Bank and Centre for Australian National Biodiversity Research (CANBR) - a joint partnership between Parks Australia and CSIRO.
The Ideal Candidate/Skills & Experience
We are after an experienced leader with high level policy, technical and program skills with relevance to biodiversity science and information management, and highly developed communication skills
- Tertiary qualifications in relevant scientific discipline with research experience highly desirable.
- To be eligible for any position in the Department you must be an Australian Citizen.
- You must undergo and satisfy a National Police History Check.
The Department offers an attractive remuneration package, including salary, superannuation benefits and flexible working conditions appropriate to the level of the position. For further details, refer to the Enterprise Agreement at http://www.environment.gov.au/about-us/employment/enterprise-agreement-2016-2019
How to apply:
- To apply visit the Department’s online recruitment system at: http://www.environment.gov.au/topics/about-us/employment
- Applications should consist of a 1 to 2 page statement of claims taking into consideration the duties and selection criteria to demonstrate your suitability for the role.
- An up-to-date resume including the contact details of two referees is required.
- Information for applicants with disabilities: www.environment.gov.au/about/jobs/applicants-with-disabilities.html
To obtain more information about the position please contact Judy West on 02 6250 9501 or [email protected]
Applications close: 11.30pm (AEDT) on Tuesday, 17 December 2019.
The Department of Environment and Energy values social and cultural diversity and is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity and the provision of a safe and healthy work environment.