- Employment Type: Full-time / Ongoing
- Job Classification: PVO8 SO1
- Salary: $119,571 - $140,324
- Reference: VG/203000000
- Position Description.docx
- Position Description.pdf
Provide strategic leadership to the North West team to ensure efficient on-ground delivery in this dynamic senior leadership role!
- Play a key role in the delivery and development of the District Action Plan
- Join a progressive management team to drive and lead strategy
- Ongoing, full-time leadership opportunity located in Mildura
About the branch
The Northern Region is responsible for the delivery of initiatives, programs, and services. On-ground works and services will conserve environments, protect culture and heritage, manage visitor facilities and improve opportunities, and support fire and emergency management. The Divisional resources will support environmental, social, and economic outcomes for rural, regional, and urban communities. Services will be delivered within the demands of the Division’s Statewide fire and the emergency role and in partnership with the community and other government agencies.
About the role and your responsibilities:
As the District Manager, you will provide operational leadership to the District Management team and all staff in the District. You will accountable for the development and delivery of the District Action Plan, ensuring consistency with the Regional Action plan.
In this role, you will have management over the Districts’ Parks and the relationships and requirements of the Traditional Owners within the specific District. You will provide strategic leadership in the District and advice to the Regional Management Team as well as providing leadership in the implementation of change management and business improvement strategies. The District Manager has complete oversight for the District for emergency management and fire management requirements. You will also manage the finance, governance, and risk management requirements and controls for their District.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Business and/or equivalent experience is essential; Conservation and Land Management experience would be beneficial.
- Demonstrated evidence in superior management of people and performance standards that enable successful achievement of the organisation’s corporate and business plans and objectives including the ability to develop and monitor complex work programs.
- Proven issue identification, analytical and research skills, problem-solving skills, and a demonstrated ability to develop innovative, sensitive, and practical solutions and provide strategic advice to complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience in complex engagement and stakeholder management is required.
- A current Employee Working with Children Check is required.
Your application must include:
- Your current Resume
- A cover letter addressing the Key Selection Criteria (KSC) as outlined in the position description
Join our innovative organisation and enjoy what you do, apply today!
Only people with Australian Citizenship or Permanent Residency may apply for this position.
Parks Victoria requires all prospective employees to undergo a National Police Record Check prior to commencing employment.
Parks Victoria is committed to child safety and has zero-tolerance for child abuse and all forms of harm to children, in accordance with the Victorian Child Safe Standards. All Parks Victoria staff are expected to support this commitment.
At Parks Victoria, we recognize that diversity and inclusion are central to being a modern, high-performing sustainable organisation that can deliver our strategic vision to be a “world-class parks service ensuring healthy parks for healthy people.”