GHD is one of the world's leading engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services companies with an established reputation for experience and innovation in environmental projects. Passionate about the communities in which we live, we take pride in delivering world-class projects.
As an employee-owned firm, GHD is an attractive place for hardworking people to thrive and pursue their careers. With a workplace rich in diversity of thought, background and experience, we have what it takes to deliver amazing outcomes for our clients.
At GHD, we focus on empowering and growing talented, career-oriented people through professional development and career opportunities. We support our people to work flexibly, understanding that work life balance in a diverse and inclusive workforce is key to our people’s happiness and success. Our industry-leading flexible work programs and family-friendly practices make this a reality.
Our values based culture fosters gender balance, diversity and acceptance of flexible working arrangements for men and women; it is central to the way we do business.
Ecologist - Newcastle
We are seeking an experienced Ecologist to join our Environment and Community Team in Newcastle on a permanent full time basis. In this position you will have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of innovative and challenging projects, including road and rail infrastructure, water delivery infrastructure, mining and urban and rural development.
Our ideal candidate will possess previous experience as an ecological consultant, enjoy dealing with clients, managing projects and be focused on delivering high quality project outcomes.
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic Ecologist who has:
- Sound technical ecological and project management skills including experience delivering ecological assessment and management projects in NSW
- Demonstrated extensive experience in planning and undertaking ecological surveys, particularly vegetation surveys and targeted fauna surveys
- A degree/post graduate qualification in environmental science, science (or similar)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in developing and maintaining positive relationships with a range of stakeholders including peers, clients and government agencies
- Highly motivated, self-directed and strong team commitment.
Previous experience in collection of biometric data, its interrogation, entry into relevant calculators and interpretation of results as required under the NSW Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM) would be highly regarded.
Possessing an acute client focus you will exhibit an ability to build strong relationships with both external and internal clients and have a well-developed network within the business community. A thorough knowledge of environmental legislation and the ability to manage ecological projects including active participation in and supervision of fieldwork activities will be crucial to your success.
Benefits of working at GHD:
- Staff discounts on selected health insurance, gyms, travel and accommodation
- A generous parental leave policy for both women and men
- Access to an employee assistance program
- A variety of flexible work arrangements
- Access to personalised career development through the GHD Business School
- An inclusive environment that wins awards for workplace diversity
- If you are an experienced passionate and proactive ecologist, with the ability to deliver results in a demanding environment, then this could be your next career move.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from people of all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders.
To apply, please submit your covering letter and resume by clicking the 'apply for this job' button below.
For further information or a confidential discussion please contact Bodo Baumann, Talent Acquisition Business Partner at 07 5557 1006 or [email protected]
Recruitment agency applications will not be accepted for this position.