Ecologist (Botanist) – Ecology Service Line
Are you an experienced Ecologist (Botanist) ready to take your career to the next level? Do you want to be part of a well-resourced and experienced ecology team that values its people and their careers? Do you want to use your technical and client management skills to help grow our business, working in a fast paced and fun environment?
If you have the drive and desire to work for a growing global organisation focused on connecting the best people to the best work, then we want to hear from you!
Kleinfelder Australia is an environmental consulting firm providing professional and technical services for ecology, environmental planning and approvals, heritage, land rehabilitation, bushfire, contaminated land management and geotechnical engineering.
Kleinfelder Australia, as part of the global Kleinfelder Group, an environmental, engineering and science-based consulting firm, can utilise the experience of over 2,500 employees globally. With almost 100 staff operating across Australia, we deliver our projects with local and international experience.
As our success and growth continues across Australia, an opportunity has arisen for a motivated and experienced ecologist (botanist) to join our growing team in Newcastle. The successful applicant will have the opportunity to work on a portfolio of large and complex ecology projects for a growing client base including federal/state/local government, mining, land development, renewable energy and operators of large industrial facilities.
Reporting to the Ecology Team Leader, you will manage a variety of ecological projects, working within a multi-disciplinary team of scientists, engineers and business development professionals.
The following key responsibilities are expected from the candidate fulfilling this role:
- Effective leadership and client engagement on projects from inception to completion, ensuring a high level of client satisfaction to continue repeat business.
- Preparation of proposals and reports, including authoring of complex deliverables and peer review of work undertaken by junior staff.
- Undertake fieldwork competently and safely by complying with relevant H&S requirements, including internal Kleinfelder and external client procedures.
- Project Management of your own portfolio of ecological projects, whilst providing oversight to assistant project managers.
- Provide development and mentoring opportunities for junior staff to expand their skills and technical capabilities.
- Ability to provide development pathway and approval advice in consideration of environmental legislation and policies to ensure assessments comply with local government, state and Commonwealth environmental regulations.
- Represent Kleinfelder at an industry level by participating in external forums and membership of professional institutions.
You will have demonstrated experience in the delivery of a variety of ecology projects, with a strong emphasis on vegetation assessment across a range of market sectors for both public and private clients. Applicants should possess an in-depth knowledge and practical application of National and State Regulations and Guidance. You will have a successful track record of gaining regulatory and planning approvals for a range of projects. You will have a detailed knowledge of the NSW Biodiversity Offset Scheme (BOS) and the Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM 2020), as well as experience in the preparation of Biodiversity Development Assessment Reports (BDARs), Biodiversity Stewardship Site Assessment Reports (BSSARs) and supporting documents.
- A relevant degree in environmental science (ecology) natural resource management or a related discipline. A higher degree will be considered favourably.
- BAM Accredited Assessor or willingness to become accredited.
- Extensive experience (minimum 6 years) in the environmental consulting industry.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, large scale, ecological survey and monitoring projects.
- Proficiency in undertaking BAM vegetation integrity plots.
- Demonstrated health and safety leadership.
- Strong verbal communication and technical report writing skills, with the ability to coach junior members of staff.
- Industry recognition through certification, accreditation and/or active participation in related industry associations.
A flexible working role with an attractive salary package awaits the successful candidate.
You must be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug screen testing). Offers of employment are conditional on being medically and physically fit for the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital, or disability status.
We strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
Please apply via this ad on Seek. https://www.seek.com.au/job/54708082