This is your opportunity to join one of Queensland’s leading environmental consultancies and be involved in projects that enable sustainable development while protecting our natural environment.
CQG Consulting (CQ Environmental Pty Ltd) is highly regarded in the environmental sector. Established in 2003, we are privately owned and have grown from strength to strength underpinned by the way we take care of both our staff and our clients and continually seek practical and innovative ways to deliver our services.
We are seeking experienced professionals who share our values and passion and are ready for challenges.
About the Role
- Work with our team of experienced ecologists, environmental scientists, planners, engineers and GIS specialists on impact assessment projects throughout Queensland
- Scope field surveys conduct desktop assessments and field surveys, interpret field data, review and prepare technical reports
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A genuine love for working outdoors, a positive attitude and a good sense of humour
- Degree level qualifications in Ecology, Biology, Botany, Zoology, Natural Resource Management, Environmental Science or related field
- Over five years of related experience conducting terrestrial flora and fauna surveys and flora identification with a Queensland focus
- Good written and communication skills
- Be willing to travel for fieldwork
- Have experience in planning ecological field surveys
- Knowledge of Commonwealth, State and Local Government environmental legislation and approvals
- Demonstrated problem-solving abilities
- Common sense and the ability to think on your feet
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- A dedication to working safely and seeking smarter ways of doing things
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft suite of programs and capturing of spatial data
- Australian Citizenship
- Previous consulting, regulatory authority, Dept of Main Roads, Defence, industrial industry or mine site experience
- White card, 1st Aid, 4WD certificates
- “C” class driver licence (manual)
- Weekly massages, external counselling support, vaccinations specific to the position and health checks
- Flexible working environment
- Ongoing professional development
- Internal mentoring by highly experienced environmental professionals
- Annual employee retreat
- Work free day every birthday after three years’ employment
- Support for professional networking and a vibrant culture
An attractive salary will be offered commensurate with your level of experience and abilities.
How to apply:
If you think you have what it takes for this role, please forward your current CV with a covering letter addressing the abovementioned required skills and characteristics to [email protected].
If you would like more information, please email queries to the above email address or visit our website.