EL 1 Managers FMB
ONGOING / NON-ONGOING VACANCIES
EL 1 Managers - Various
Fisheries Management Branch, Canberra
AFMA is seeking suitably qualified individuals to fill various roles at the EL 1 level within the Fisheries Management Branch (both ongoing and non-ongoing).
Fisheries Managers are responsible for:
- the day-to-day management of various fisheries; and
- leading and managing a multi-skilled team responsible for the pursuit of AFMA’s legislative and organisational objectives as they relate to fisheries management.
The primary focus of the position is to deliver ecologically sustainable, cost-effective and efficient fisheries management services to the government, the fishing industry and other key stakeholders on behalf of the Australian community.
A strong focus will be on the candidate’s honesty, integrity and ability to communicate, represent AFMA in public and community engagement, build relationships and manage people.
The successful applicant will be responsible to the Senior Manager of their respective fishery.
Please refer to the position description for further information.
- AFMA staff are employed under the Australian Public Service Act 1999. All applicants must be Australian citizens.
- The successful applicant must hold or have the ability to obtain and maintain a Negative Vetting Level One security clearance.
- The occupant of the position must have the ability to undertake overseas or interstate travel.
AFMA’s method of submission for applications is via our online Recruitment system. Please check our website for more information on how to apply.
Before applying for this vacancy, we advise you to read the position description and Integrated Leadership System tool associated with the APS classification of this vacancy.
Contact Officer – Fiona Hill 02 6225 5473 / [email protected]
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 24 May 2022 (11 pm AEST)