Elliot Ranger Project Officer
Would you like to work for one of the largest and oldest Indigenous organisations in Australia which provides services to around 50,000 Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory?
About the NLC
We are responsible for assisting Aboriginal people in the Top End of the Northern Territory to acquire and manage their lands and seas. Our vision is to ensure that Aboriginal people benefit socially, culturally and economically from the secure possession of their land, waters and seas.
About the Role
The NLC secured funding for the development of an Indigenous ranger group based in Elliott. This role involves working with Traditional Owners, NLC staff and other partners to assist the Ranger Group Development Officer in the planning and establishment phase of the Elliott ranger team.
The Project Officer will assist the Ranger Group Development Officer in the establishment of the group and provide hands-on administrative and project management support which will include meeting organisation and logistics, purchasing and other tasks as necessary. This position is located in Elliott with periods operating in the NLC Darwin and Katherine Offices.
- Assist the Ranger Group Development Officer in scoping and managing a participatory planning process with Traditional Owners and relevant partners to complete the foundation phase of the project.
- Provide administrative as well as project management support to the Ranger Development Officer to enable the successful implementation of the Kulumindini Ranger Group.
- Assist in the development of an annual work plan that identifies and prioritises natural and cultural resource management activities to best meet Traditional Owner and associated partner Caring for Country aspirations.
- Assist Traditional Owners and their partners to develop appropriate governance and advisory mechanisms relevant to the operation of a ranger group.
To thrive in this role you will have:
- Significant demonstrated knowledge, understanding and respect of Indigenous Australian culture, customs and society including the current social issues and their impact on Aboriginal people in the Northern Territory.
- Completion of qualifications in project management, land management, natural and cultural resource management or a relevant related field or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal Caring for Country management issues and a sound understanding of the opportunities and constraints affecting Aboriginal people’s involvement in land management.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and an ability to build effective working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience providing project support across the project management life cycle.
Remuneration and Benefits:
- Full-Time 3 year Contract
- Location: Katherine
- Salary: $73,342 - $84,253
- FBT exempt salary packaging benefits pay
- 13% superannuation contribution
- 5 weeks annual leave & 17.5% annual leave loading
Cultural knowledge and lived experience are central to the work that we do. We will apply special measures for Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander candidates.
Please note COVID vaccinations are mandatory for all NLC staff.
How to Apply:
A full Position Description may be obtained by clicking on this vacancy on our website. We ask that all applications are received through our jobs website – this will ensure that you are submitting a full application for this position. Our website also provides information about our recruitment process. If you are having any problems submitting your application please contact us on 08 8920 5140.
Brian Boyle on 04 9902 2672.
Applications Close: Friday, 27 May 2022.