Environment and Sustainability Team Leader
- Contribute to the development of one of Victoria’s fastest growing regions
- Remuneration starting at $92,013 plus Super
- Perm full time
Come and join Golden Plains Shire Council, a regional municipality focused on working with the community to create sustainable growth, whilst maintaining a highly valued rural character. Located just outside Geelong, and within an easy drive to both Ballarat and Melbourne, our location means you get the benefits of a country lifestyle whilst still enjoying all the things that the city has to offer.
About the Shire:
Golden Plains Shire is situated between two of Victoria’s largest regional cities, Geelong and Ballarat, with a population of over 20,000 people across 56 vibrant rural communities.
Renowned for our award-winning food and wine, iconic music festivals, goldfield heritage and friendly communities, Golden Plains Shire is an attractive destination both to work, play and call home.
About the role:
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Environment and Sustainability team, to develop and implement programs and strategies which pursue Golden Plains Shire Council’s objectives for natural resource management and sustainability initiatives.
Day-to-day, you will:
- Manage the day to day operations of the Environment and Sustainability team.
- Lead the Environment and Sustainability team in special projects.
- Coordinate the implementation of Council’s policies and programs.
- Prepare reports for Council as required addressing all relevant natural resources issues and responsibilities.
- Coordinate the development, review and implementation of Council’s Environment Strategy and Climate Change Action Plan.
- Facilitate the formation, procedures and activities of the Golden Plains Shire Council Environment Advisory Committee.
- Develop community information and education materials in relation to natural resource management and sustainability.
To be successful in this role, you will have substantial relevant industry based experience in natural resource management, fire management or law.
We are also looking for someone who has:
- A tertiary qualification in natural resource management, environmental management / science environmental law or a closely related discipline.
- Several years’ relevant industry based experience.
- Ability to accurately interpret relevant legislation, regulations, Government and Council policies and the Golden Plains Planning Scheme.
- Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of organisational sustainability strategies.
- Ability to liaise with staff, Council, consultants, Courts and tribunals/panels on specialist matters
- Experience in the leadership and management of project teams
What’s in it for you:
At Golden Plains Shire Council, we promote diversity and want to develop a workplace that reflects the community in which we operate. We offer professional development and networking opportunities to staff as well as free onsite parking.
You can also:
- Join a values-driven and community-focused organisation;
- Contribute to a broad scope of work;
- Take a monthly RDO (19 day month);
- Make the most of professional development opportunities.
How to apply:
If you like the sound of this role, please apply via our careers website at: http://goldenplains.applynow.net.au/#vacancies
Applications for this role must include a cover letter and CV and will be required to address the Key Selection Criteria.
For more information, you can contact Tim Waller, Development Manager, on (03) 5220 7124.
Only applications submitted via Council’s website will be considered. Applications submitted via Seek will not be assessed.
Applications close Monday 19 November 2018 at 9.00am.
Golden Plains Shire Council is an Equal Opportunity and Child Safe Employer. We believe that every individual has something valuable to offer. We are striving to build a workforce that reflects the community in which we operate and encourage applications from people of all ages, genders and cultural backgrounds. We recognise our proactive duty to ensure compliance with equal opportunity, child safe and other workplace-related legislation, and to eliminate all forms of discrimination.