Environment & Sustainability Manager
- Environment & Sustainability Manager
- APS 6
- $79,870 - $91,238 (plus super)
- Townsville (QLD), Rockhampton (QLD), Brisbane (QLD), Adelaide (SA) and Darwin (NT)
Department of Defence seeks to be a leader in sustainable environmental management and is responsible for managing a large estate containing a diverse range of landscapes, listed fauna and flora species, and heritage values. Service Delivery Division is seeking experienced environmental professionals to join the Environment and Sustainability Team based in Townsville, North Queensland. The Environment and Sustainability Team provides advice, assessments and approvals to a wide range of Defence Groups, Services and contractors. Indigenous liaison, stakeholder engagement and the management of Indigenous heritage values and sites are also key outcomes for the role.
The Environmental and Sustainability Manager (ESM) role involves the oversight, advice to and implementation of a broad range of environmental and heritage programs, policy and initiatives to support the sustainable use and management of the Defence estate.
This role involves both office and site based work and involves travel to regional and remote Defence sites and Training Areas. Key outcomes of the ESM role includes
- Contribution to and Implementation of Defence environmental policy and strategies;
- Environmental assessments and approvals of infrastructure projects and military activities;
- Provision of environment and heritage legislative, policy and technical advice;
- Liaising with Indigenous stakeholders and management of Indigenous heritage values and sites;
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders on matters concerning Fire, Pest and Weeds, Water Quality and Contamination;
- Environmental risk and incident management; and
- Operating within an information and spatial management system.
You should consider applying for this position if you:
- Enjoy collaborating with diverse stakeholders to develop pragmatic solutions and achieve best practice environmental outcomes.
- Possess great communication skills and enjoy sharing knowledge with others.
- Can make informed strategic decisions, considering a range of competing priorities.
- Possess sound understanding of state and federal environment legislation and context.
- Have multidisciplinary skills in the environmental and heritage field with demonstrated experience in environmental assessment and approvals, risk identification and management, interpretation and application of environmental legislation and policy, and the implementation of environmental management programs.
Application Closing Date: Monday 04 February, 2019
For further information please review the job information pack, reference EIG/04181/18 on www.defence.gov.au/apscareers
The current vacancy is located at Lavarack Barracks, Townsville. A merit pool may be created from the list of suitable applicants which may be used to fill similar position/s in the event a position/s becomes vacant within the 12 months from gazettal date of this position. Location of future vacancies may include Townsville, Rockhampton, Brisbane, Adelaide and Darwin.