Environment & Sustainability Officer
About the position:
The two primary areas covered by the Environment & Sustainability Officer role are: implementation of the City’s environmental objectives through the planning, management and protection of natural area assets; and, implementation of the City’s sustainability objectives in relation to climate change mitigation and adaptation.
This is a part time position, working 44 hours per fortnight.
- Liaise with community groups and City staff to facilitate and provide best practice environmental and sustainability outcomes.
- Provide specialist and technical advice to all council departments to achieve best practice in environment and sustainability fields.
- Respond to enquiries (personal, written or telephone) relating to environmental planning, policies, relevant Acts, Local laws or Regulations, and where appropriate the application of proper environmental principles.
- Provide advice where relevant on strategic and statutory town planning applications.
- Facilitate, supervise and assist contractors, partners and volunteers undertaking environmental projects/programs.
For further information view the position description: Environment & Sustainability Officer
To gain a better understanding of the role, please call Erin O’Connor, Coordinator Environment and Sustainability on 08 9956 6932.
The successful applicant will hold relevant degree in natural resource management, environmental sciences, coastal management, sustainability or equivalent qualification in related field.
They will have a comprehensive understanding of current issues related to environmental management and climate change in Western Australia, and a demonstrated ability to develop programs, policy, procedures and strategies related to climate change adaptation and mitigation.
Completion of a pre-employment medical including alcohol and other substances testing is required of all positions at the City.
Remuneration and benefits:
A salary starting from $86,829 per annum (pro rata) or $43.94 per hour will be offered dependent on knowledge, skills, experience and qualifications.
Some of the additional benefits of working for the City include:
- Up to 19% Superannuation
- 22 Annual Leave days per annum (pro rata)
- Health & Wellbeing Program
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career opportunities
- Study Assistance
- Centrally located
- Free parking
Interested in applying?
To be considered for this vacancy, you must include the following documents in your application:
- A completed Application Form (to enable the E-Form, save the document to your computer desktop)
- A current resume
- A document addressing each of the selection criteria outlined in the roles position description (please refer to the Candidate Information Pack for further details)
Applications should be emailed to the Chief Executive Officer at [email protected] or sent to: City of Greater Geraldton, PO Box 101, Geraldton WA 6531 by 4pm, Thursday 30 September 2021.
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER