Environment Team Lead – Impact Assessment and Permitting
AECOM is currently looking for a collaborative and agile Team Leader to join our well-respected Environment group in Adelaide.
This is a unique opportunity to take the next step in your career and to play an instrumental role in developing and diversifying our Impact Assessment & Permitting (IAP) offering in the region, whilst providing technical and strategic leadership to a small, dynamic and high-performing team. This role offers an exciting challenge to lead, grow, develop, and shape the future of the IAP team.
You will be a valued member of the overall leadership team for AECOM's SA Environment business and will collaborate with other IAP Team Leaders across the region, as well as a range of technical discipline leads, fostering relationships and delivering business and strategic plans.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Building and maintaining positive, long term relationships with new and existing clients
- Using your strong client-focus and developed networks, you will manage and contribute to business development efforts to raise AECOM's profile and grow the discipline
- Proactively share client and project opportunities with other workgroups and offices
- Leading the IAP team to deliver innovative and high-quality project outputs on time and on budget
- Preparing reports, proposals, tender documents and correspondence
- Undertaking peer review of technical and proposal content
- Providing coaching and mentoring to assist staff development and manage performance
- You will offer technical expertise and ensure excellence in project delivery.
This position is ideal for an experienced practitioner who has both leadership and consulting experience. Your strategic capability and thorough understanding of the market will contribute to you confidently working with clients and winning work, whilst also being able to roll up your sleeves to deliver alongside your team.
Ideally, you will have:
- Relevant years of impact assessment experience across a range of market sectors
- Demonstrable background in leading a team in a management role
- Demonstrated commercial acumen
- A successful track record of building and maintaining client relationships and business development
- Effective collaboration, organisation, negotiation skills
- Proven experience in managing multi-disciplinary projects, meeting project goals and deliverables in a timely and profitable manner
- Exceptional levels of written and oral communication.
- Appropriate tertiary qualification.
Benefits at AECOM
AECOM is a place where you can maximize your innovative thinking and collaborate with a diverse range of highly intelligent and talented people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, transformational, and iconic projects.
We're an Equal Opportunity Employer and we've committed to creating a culture that embraces flexibility for all team members. We provide a diverse and inclusive work environment and offer many benefits to ensure your professional development & wellbeing.
- Flexible start and finish times, working from home, part-time and job share options
- Working from Home Tool Kits + Mobile Phone
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Purchased additional annual leave + salary packaging
- Corporate Employee discounts from up to 400 retailers
- Wellbeing benefits e.g. vaccinations, health insurance discounts
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Professional and technical development opportunities.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to “make amazing happen” in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person’s potential, and we’ll help you reach yours.
Job Category Planning
Business Line Geography OH
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 256210BR
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.