CPB Contractors is a leading international construction company and a member of the CIMIC Group.
We combine the construction track record and expertise formerly delivered by Leighton Contractors and Thiess, and we also include the people and projects of Leighton Asia.
In conjunction with our clients and partners, CPB Contractors is delivering important and iconic projects across all key sectors of the construction industry, meaning we offer significant and diverse work opportunities.
We are building on the strong foundations of our unique history to create a successful and sustainable future. Safely delivering next-generation infrastructure that better connects people and transforms communities is at the heart of what we do.
What can our construction projects build for you?
We are currently seeking an Environmental Advisor to work on the Melbourne Water Framework Program and Point Wilson Waterside Infrastructure Remediation Upgrade Projects. This role is a full-time role, in which the successful candidate will cover the two projects.
As an Environmental Advisor, you will be accountable for:
- Providing advice to our environment, design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Plans and associated documents
- Assisting in project start up including finalisation and implementation of EMPs, obtaining approvals, and set up of environmental governance activities such as identification of environmental risks, implementation of environmental controls, weekly toolbox and other communication activities, and implementation of compliance activities such as inspections
- Identifying key environmental risks, and developing appropriate controls and communication for inclusion in work planning activities
- Assisting with the development and implementation of environmental programs, initiatives and innovations
- Conducting environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs at projects as required, and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Managing the environmental budget and consultants in a cost-effective manner
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership and communication skills
- Participating or leading internal and external auditing of the Environmental Management system
- Coach and provide advice to junior team members
Our minimum requirements for this role are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering
- Ideally, a minimum of 5 years' experience as an Environmental Practitioner
- Ideally, lead auditor in ISO14001
- Ideally, Defence project experience, as well as experience working in sensitive aquatic and/or marine environments
- Motivation and drive to achieve results
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously
- Construction industry experience
If you are interested in these roles and meet the above requirements, please click the 'apply for this job' button below.
We support diversity in the workplace. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders and people with a multicultural background are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please note: This role is being sourced through CPB Contractors directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.