- Work for leading organisation and infrastructure provider
- Highly flexible work arrangements
- Diverse range of projects across multiple planning pathways
We are NSW’s bulk water supplier, river operator and your one-stop shop for licensing, water trades and water information. We supply two thirds of water used in NSW from our 42 dams, rivers and pipelines to regional towns, irrigators, Sydney Water and local water utilities. We also own and operate the largest surface and groundwater monitoring network in the southern hemisphere and build, maintain and operate essential infrastructure.
This senior role within the Environmental Services Team will work across the full range of infrastructure services provided by WaterNSW with exposure to a variety of planning approval pathways. Day to day activities include review of Environmental Impact Assessments, provision of specialist advice and mitigation measures tailored to each project undertaken across WaterNSW diverse asset base throughout NSW. With delegated approval authority you will consult with internal stakeholders, work collaboratively with Project Managers and Engineers, review documents prepared by leading Environmental Consultancies, liaise with relevant Government Agencies and integrate with construction partners to ensure all works, from major projects to minor upgrades, comply with environmental legislation and WaterNSWs' environmental policies & procedures.
Your key accountabilities will include:
- Providing specialist environmental advice to all stakeholders and partners. Granting approvals and consents on project undertaken by WaterNSW or where there is an impact on WaterNSW assets and land.
- Undertaking environmental impact assessments and audits.
- Assessing and revising policies, plans and procedures to ensure best practice and compliance with legislation.
Skills and qualifications you require are:
- A degree in Environmental Management, Engineering, Planning or a related discipline.
- Extensive knowledge of the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, with reference to Part 5 and Infrastructure SEPP.
- Demonstrated experience in environmental impact assessments and environmental management in relation to infrastructure.
For the successful candidate, this role will see you work as part of a dedicated team, passionate about ensuring environmental outcomes underpin all activities from minor maintenance works to major projects delivering vital resources to the community, customers and the environment. You will be offered the opportunity to work for a highly flexible, results driven leader, who values both high level delivery and work life balance. The role is Parramatta based with opportunities for flexible work arrangements.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo pre-employment check/s including a National police check, Medical check and Working with Children Check. Any offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance of this/ these check/s.
To apply please complete your personal details and submit your cover letter and resume below.
For further information on the role contact: [email protected]
Applications close on 29th April 2019.