At Fulton Hogan we work hard to be the best, we give it our all, and take pride in what we do. We know we're only as good as our people, so we're committed to hiring, developing and retaining the best in the business! As a major civil contracting company working across Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and beyond our teams build and maintain the roads, rail, bridges, ports, airports and infrastructure that helps bring people together. Fulton Hogan creates, connects and cares for communities.
We are currently seeking applications for an Environmental Advisor to join our Southern Region Construction team. The role is a site based role located at Melbourne Airport.
As an Environmental Advisor, your core duty will be to provide practical, hands-on environmental advice and then manage the implementation of environmental requirements; ensuring best practice standards are met with the intent to exceed them.
You will be responsible for duties including:
- Collaboratively working with staff at all levels of the business; providing support and advice on environmental outcomes.
- Developing, implementing and maintaining the Construction Environmental Management Plans, Registers, Procedures and associated documentation.
- Conducting weekly environmental inspections of the site to ensure environmental compliance.
- Participating in regular external audits with the client and superintendent
- Conduct investigations to identify any underlying causes of non-conformances, near misses, hazards or incidents to prevent a re-occurrence.
- Conducting toolbox and pre-start presentations to educate on environmental requirements.
- Undertaking and/or reviewing environmental monitoring, including the engagement of specialist consultants where required.
- Reviewing environmental data to ensure ongoing compliance with our Integrated Management System and the legislative requirements.
- Preparing and reviewing monthly environmental reports both internal and external and assisting our managers with legislative reporting.
- Contributing to the achievement of environmental objectives, targets and reporting back to management and the teams on the projects progress.
- Developing relationships and influencing both internal and external clients, subcontractors and stakeholders.
You will have previously championed a culture that is focused on the pillars of safety, environment & quality; your experience will demonstrate the following:
- Tertiary qualified in Environmental Engineering or other related discipline.
- Working knowledge of ISO14001 environmental legislation, practices and procedures.
- Auditing experience with a strong attention to detail.
- Strong management and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels.
- A proactive self-starter with strong problem solving and communication skills.
- The ability to travel to various operational sites across Victoria.
This role offers great opportunities for you to develop your skills and experience on a number of high profile projects. Fulton Hogan offers excellent employee benefits and a great working environment – we are a company that is dedicated and passionate about creating a Zero Harm workplace.
If this sounds like the exciting next step in your career, and you are as passionate as we are about producing quality work with an uncompromising attitude towards safety, then apply today.