- Diverse role
- 9 day fortnight
- Choice of lifestyle options - residential, DIDO or FIFO
About the company:
Peabody was founded in 1883 and has grown to be the world’s leading pure-play coal company. We employ over 7,000 people and have 23 operations in the United States and Australia serving power and steel customers in more than 25 countries on six continents. The company offers significant scale, high-quality assets, and diversity in geography and products. Peabody is guided by seven core values: safety, customer focus, leadership, people, excellence, integrity and sustainability.
Peabody is a globally diverse company which offers an inclusive work environment to engage, recognise and develop employees. The company values the power of inclusion and diversity as a competitive advantage and is committed to increasing the number of diverse employees throughout its Australian operations. We welcome applications from all diversity groups to assist us in honouring our commitment.
About the role:
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor at our Coppabella Mine. Our Coppabella Moorvale mine complex consists of two open-cut mine operations located approximately 140 kilometers southwest of Mackay that produce premium low-volatile pulverised coal (LV-PCI) for export markets.
This role will be responsible for ensuring compliance with our Environmental Authorities (EA’s) and providing guidance and support to key stakeholders within the business in order to meet the obligations of the EA’s by undertaking environmental field sampling and maintaining environmental management plans.
Duties will include:
- Achieve compliance against the Environmental Authority for the mine
- Assist in the management of Rehabilitation and remediation projects - design, project management, monitoring and reporting
- Conduct regular site inspections and the development of action plans- erosion and sediment control, dams, work areas and rehabilitation
- Engage with onsite and offsite stakeholders (site personnel, management, community and regulators)
- Management of environmental monitoring and reporting - field monitoring, quality and control, data management and reporting (both internal and external)
- Management of contractors and consultants
- Management of the ground disturbance process - GIS management, inspections, consultation with site personnel, permit issuing
- Management of water - surface, groundwater, dams and erosion and sediment control structures
- Assist with developing, implementing and maintain Progression Rehabilitation Closure Plans
- Prepare the yearly National Pollution Inventory (NPI) report, ROWIT Survey and other internal and external reports as required
This position is offered on a 9 day fortnight (Monday to Friday, Monday to Thursday) roster and can allow for a residential (Moranbah or Nebo), DIDO or FIFO lifestyle. Employees living residentially may have access to a $15,000 housing allowance and may have the ability to salary sacrifice up to 50% of rental payments.
- You will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or Engineering
- 2 years’ experience in an environmental role within the mining industry, coal is preferred
- Experience in water management and rehabilitation of mine sites and landforms will be highly regarded
- GIS experience desirable
At Peabody, we:
- Commit to safety and health as a way of life
- Foster a culture of inspiration, innovation, collaboration and execution
- Are committed to developing an inclusive and diverse workplace
- Offer a reward and recognition program
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
Our mission is to create superior value for shareholders as the leading global supplier of coal, which enables economic prosperity and a better quality of life.
Apply to Peabody today and grow your career with us.
For more information, visit https://www.peabodyenergy.com/Work-With-Us or please click the 'apply for this job' button below.
Please apply directly as submissions from recruitment agencies will not be considered without prior approval. All applications will be treated as highly confidential and will not be disclosed beyond HR and the hiring manager.