As market-leaders in complex project delivery for the Infrastructure, Renewables and Resources sectors, we are continually delivering integrated, multi-disciplinary construction and engineering solutions for our clients. And we have been doing it for more than 40 years.
Decmil is a public listed company (ASX code DCG). Since our establishment in 1978, Decmil has remained an Australian owned business.
We operate across Australasia, ensuring that Decmil can offer a robust combination of national expertise with local knowledge. Regardless of the size, scope or location, we are renowned for working collaboratively with our clients, delivering successful projects on-time and on-budget.
Our reputation is founded on a culture of integrity, excellence, accountability and teamwork. At Decmil, we provide a team environment that is supportive and trusting at all levels and our people are encouraged to challenge openly, to work collaboratively and to make a difference.
We are seeking expressions of interest from highly motivated and experienced Environmental Advisors for potential opportunities within Queensland. The opportunities will be Project based work on a 21&7 roster.
As the Environmental Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Contribute to the continual improvement of the project Environmental Management System, including the revision of management plans and procedures;
- Work collaboratively with the project partners to ensure that the environmental requirements are understood and adhered to;
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with the project construction team, as well as external stakeholders;
- Provide technical consultation that includes assessment and management of environmental issues and risks arising from operations, to prevent incidents, protect company assets and business affairs;
- Undertake audits and inspections, and implement site monitoring programs to ensure compliance with applicable regulations and approval conditions;
- Develop and deliver environmental training programs for site personnel.
Whilst technical experience is of importance to us, to be considered you will have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or equivalent;
- At least 5 years' experience in a similar role within the construction or resources sector;
- Certified Professional in Erosion and Sediment Control, or equivalent;
- Sound understanding of the Australian environmental regulatory framework;
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal skills including negotiation, conflict resolution and liaison with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
Decmil is an equal opportunity employer and we support diversity in our workforce. Indigenous candidates are encouraged to apply.
We are committed to attracting, developing and retaining the right people who are highly competent, live our values and actively contribute to our long-term success. If you’re ready to join the Decmil Team, apply now.