Summit Australia PTY. Ltd., is looking for a full-time ENVIRONMENTAL ADVISOR to join their Environmental Division. This is a specialized field position (Surat, Cooper Basin), based out of Brisbane, Australia.
- Land spraying While Drilling (LWD) and associated environmental assessments required in the delivery of this new to Australia method of drilling waste management
- Providing direct or indirect technical subject matter, expertise for services offered
- Develop and cultivate relationships with appropriate government/regulatory officials and maintain a positive working relationship, staying abreast of any legislation or administration changes
- Training of new staff members in consultation with the SLS Management Team
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT WILL POSSESS THE FOLLOWING:
- A minimum of 1-2 years of experience in the field would be an asset
- A high degree of understanding of Drilling Waste Management and specifically Landspray While Drilling (“LWD”) is an asset.
- A strong understanding of oil and gas drilling and how Minimal Disturbance Drilling practice works, and what is included within the scope of services to successfully execute MDD.
- Extensive knowledge of spill response, and how to manage under pressure that would come from such events
- Strong knowledge of soils, vegetation and chemistry
- Should be very familiar with drilling rigs, associated equipment and personnel
- Proven leadership skills, analytical thinker, and a strong public speaker
- Highly proficient writer and competent with the Microsoft suite of software
- Must have a diploma or degree in a related discipline (Ecology, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Soil Science, Biology, Chemistry)
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Are you familiar with the Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) standards?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?