Brunel Energy Australasia are currently partnered with our client who is a leading International Oil & Gas Operator, focused in the exploration, development & production of LNG & Oil. They have a great reputation for creating a safety-focused culture whilst they expand their operations here in Queensland.
We are currently recruiting for an Environmental Advisor. You will provide on-site environmental advice in support of Upstream Operations' environmental obligations. The position will do this through a systematic approach consistent with ISO14001 to maintain compliance with relevant licences and authorities and manage effects that can potentially impact on the environment.
You will be working on a 15:13 Rotation – FIFO from Brisbane – Chinchilla.
- To provide on-site environment support for upstream operations. The position will do this through a systematic approach in line with ISO14001 to manage of hazards and effects that can impact on the environment.
- Provide field presence to ensure regulatory compliance and environmental outcomes are achieved by implementation of the ISO14001 environmental management system
- Providing support on environmental aspects for the work activities on site covering production operations, services and maintenance & turnarounds.
- Be able to provide environmental and regulatory advice to the facility management team. Particularly relating to the EPBC Act (Cwth) and EP Act (Qld)
- Advise on "routine" work planning for environmental aspects using supporting controls such as (SWMS), task risk assessments, job planning, asset monitoring, hazIDs.
- Support compliance with local & state requirements, particularly those associated with the environmental regulatory authorities.
- Provide environmental advice including aspects such as noise, chemical management, CSG water, soil management, drainage, erosion and sediment control, water quality, waste management, nuisance complaints and reinstatement.
- Elevate significant environmental issues to field environment superintendent.
- Be a focal point for facility environmental inspections, audits and assurance activities to maintain ISO14001 certification and environmental compliance
- Maintain and report environmental performance statistics
- Provide environmental awareness to our clients and contractor staff.
- Promote behaviours consistent with a commitment to the environment and our clients social licence to operate.
- Ensure learning from incidents, industry environmental alerts, systems for communication are in place and maintained for facility staff and contractors.
- Provide general support, training and implementation for environmental controls and programs
- Seek advice and support from relevant environment SMEs.
- Support and assist facility managers with the implementation and review of ISO14001 certified EMS.
- Support the development and implementation of the asset audit and assurance process for environmental compliance.
- Be available to support members in the asset incident command team (ICT), and perform initial assessments of environmental impact (including water and soil sampling) as a result of incidents, statutory reporting and provide remediation advice
- Maintain a close relationship between the field operations and HSSE teams.
Skills & Requirements:
- Tertiary qualification in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Management, Ecology or equivalent
- Auditor qualification, specifically ISO14001 (desirable).
- Be an effective communicator and be able to intervene, facilitate and influence a wide range of field based staff, from managers to technicians and contractors
- Participate in HSSE audits, visit worksites to discuss environmental issues with staff and contractors.
- Be able to create a means to work with styles of leaders/supervisors to champion environmental initiatives to achieve Goal Zero.
- Be able to challenge the status quo with confidence in operational environment or ALARP demonstrations and provide direction and guidance for improved solutions or controls.
- Be able to take the initiative to reach out to the wider environmental peer groups for alignment of environmental processes and willingness to take direction from more experienced peers.
- Have the ingenuity to troubleshoot local issues and reach for support locally with the technical environmental team and operational staff.
- Previous experience working in field-based role in the oil and gas industry
How to Apply
If you meet the above requirements and would like to be considered for this role – Please apply directly using the 'apply for this job' button below or get in contact with Laura Street at Brunel on (07) 3007 7600, or email me a copy of your CV through to [email protected]
Please note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Brunel values diversity and encourages applications from female, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, and minority group candidates.
Brunel Australasia is a market leader in the supply of highly skilled blue and white-collar personnel for full site manning, temporary labour provision, staffing and recruitment to the resource industry. Operating locally since 2001 and backed by an international network spanning 35 countries, we pair talented individuals with industry leading clients and work closely with both clients and the industry at large to ensure the safety, financial security and stability of the candidates we place.
- International Oil & Gas Provider
- Chinchilla Location (+Various upstream sites around the Surat Basin)
- $610-$800 Per Day Inclusive of Super
- 15:13 Rotation – FIFO from Brisbane
- 12 Month Contract
- Professional Team | Great Culture | Safety Focused
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?