Karora Resources is an exciting gold and nickel producer that’s on the move. Headquartered in Toronto, Canada, we currently operate the Beta Hunt underground mine in Kambalda and the Higginsville Gold Operations, which includes a 1.3 Mtpa mill and processing plant, near Norseman in the Goldfields region of Western Australia. Current gold production sits around 100,000 oz per annum with ambitions to become a mid-tier gold producer through both organic growth and merger/acquisition if the right opportunity presents itself.
Reporting to the Environment Manager we are seeking an Environmental Advisor to assist in the development and implementation of the Environmental Management Plan, to demonstrate compliance with relevant environmental approvals and licence conditions. Gain exposure to all facets of environmental management in the gold mining industry.
The core duties and responsibilities of this role include:
- Willingness to learn, try new things and extend themselves to build new skills in helping achieve business objectives;
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of the Site Environmental Management Plan including the delivery of environmental training and awareness programs to staff and contractors;
- Provide data and information for the preparation of regulatory approvals for Mining Proposals, Closure Plans and Works Approvals;
- Environmental monitoring, inspection and reporting activities in accordance to the Environmental Management Plan and applicable legislative requirements;
- Assist in completing Annual Environmental Reports by collation of accurate data in compliance with legal obligations and external reporting; and
- Assist with planning, tracking and recording of rehabilitation activities by completing soil return, ripping and seeding work plans including supervision of technical and field services;
Degree qualification in Environmental Science, Engineering or Management;
2 – 3 years’ experience in an environmental role in mine, construction or government sectors;
Computer literate with sound Microsoft office suite and ArcGIS (ESRI);
Self-motivated, curious with an ability to find areas of improvement in management plans, processes and standard work instructions;
National Police Check;
Current “C” class manual drivers’ licence.
- Knowledge of WA environmental legislation and statutory requirements;
- Understanding of environmental auditing and inspection processes;
This position is offered on a full-time permanent basis on an annual salary including Superannuation. This role will be working FIFO roster 8 days on, 6 days off flying from Perth Western Australia or DIDO for candidates who reside locally to the region.
To express and interest in any of these roles, please click 'apply for this job' button below. Applications close on 22 July 2020 and will be assessed as they come in and candidates that meet our selection criteria may be contacted immediately.