- Find your next career move with MPC Kinetic.
- Be a part of a company that supports safer, greener and more efficient project outcomes.
About the Role:
MPC Kinetic is seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to join one of our project teams on a fixed-term basis. Reporting to the Senior Environmental Advisor, the ideal candidates for this position will have experience in construction methods and environmental mitigation practices. There is one full-time permanent position and one fixed-term position available.
Specifically, responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring compliance to AS/NZS ISO 14001, Project EMS, approvals/permits and legislation.
- Assisting in the review, development and update of site Construction EMP’s and Environmental Field Control Plans, Procedures, work instructions and work method statements.
- Undertaking regular pre-clearance/disturbance inspections.
- Engaging in and completing regular site surveillance compliance inspections relating to erosion, drainage & sediment control structures; fauna/livestock; pest & weed; surface water; noise/vibration; air quality; waste and hazardous chemicals; reinstatement and rehabilitation.
- Updating relevant project HSSE risk and compliance registers and maintaining environmental records.
- Delivering toolbox talks and presentations to the local work group.
- Assisting in environmental audits of suppliers and subcontractors.
- Performing and undertaking regular monitoring/sampling programs where required.
- Providing general technical advice to the broader HSSE team and construction team.
- Undertaking incident investigations and reporting.
- Working closely with environmental sub-contractors.
- Experience developing and implementing erosion and sediment management plans and controls.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in Environmental Science/Environmental Management or related field.
- Knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation and policies.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ hands on experience as an Environmental Advisor on large scale construction/mining projects, preferably onshore CSG pipelines.
- An effective communicator with the ability to intervene, facilitate and influence a wide range of field-based staff including managers, supervisors, and sub-contractors.
- Proven track record in a similar role.
- Excellent negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced team environment.
- Hold a current manual C class drivers’ licence
- Ability to work 19:9 roster.
- QLD Fauna Spotter Catcher Permit.
- CPESC certification.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples to apply for our positions.
About MPC Kinetic:
MPC Kinetic provides essential upstream services to the energy and resources industries. MPC Kinetic is built on the premise of ensuring our clients have the highest level of confidence while our team delivers their project – from concept through to completion. That is where you come in! Make your mark with a company that knows there is always a better way and is dedicated to finding it. Tradition is what brought us here, but progress and innovation will move us forward. Want to know more? Head to our website at https://www.mpckinetic.com/
Care: We are genuine and fair and have high expectations of ourselves. We are like family. We pull our weight and watch each other’s backs. We care for our people because our people are who we are.
Solve: We understand our client needs because we collaborate. We align with clients to pursue efficiency and safety and, as partners, anticipate challenges and adapt. We embrace technology to deliver the solutions our clients need.
Deliver: Our focus on delivering value to our clients is paramount and is the cornerstone of our commercial relationships.