Galaxy Resources Limited is an ASX listed company with a diversified portfolio of lithium projects, at varied stages of development, across Australia, Argentina and Canada.
Galaxy is a leading producer and developer of lithium as demonstrated by the success of its Mt Cattlin operations in Western Australia and the steady advancement of its flagship project, Sal de Vida in Argentina. Sal de Vida has excellent potential as a low cost, brine-based lithium carbonate production facility.
- Attractive rate of pay, we will reward commitment to our company values and performance.
- Career development, a breadth of opportunity to support your professional journey.
- Strong and stable leadership team, supporting a values-based culture.
The company has a position for an Environmental Advisor to join the HSE team at our Mt Cattlin Operations. Mt Cattlin provides a very pleasant work location near the south coast of WA with the nearby towns of Ravensthorpe and Hopetoun that offer an inviting combination of rural and coastal lifestyle. Relocation support will be available for successful candidates who reside outside of the local region and who wish to relocate to the Hopetoun or Ravensthorpe area.
Reporting to the General Manager, Mt Cattlin, your responsibilities as the Environmental Advisor will be to partner with business to ensure successful contact delivery, management and technical support for environmental services. This role would see you monitor, report and provide advice on operational aspects of environmental program delivery.
Our ideal candidate will have experience and exposure in putting together environmental strategies, policies and programs that promote sustainable improvement. As well as identify, design and implement business improvement programs, deliver assurance programs and compliance activities. This pivotal role offers a great opportunity to play an influential role in the Mt Cattlin operation and driving its success.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Ensure compliance with environmental legislation
- Lead the implementation of environmental policies and best practices
- Ensure timely implementation of key environmental programs, including, but not limited to: bushfire management, week management, feral animal and overabundant native species management, groundwater and surface water quality monitoring and land condition monitoring
- Advise and provide technical support to contract and project managers on matters of environment and sustainability
- Respond to unplanned environmental issues through short-term works, variations to existing programs or other appropriate means
- Audit, analyse and report environmental performance to internal and external stakeholders and regulatory bodies
- Forecasts and reporting for rehabilitation expenditure and operational budgets.
- Planning and facilitating annual revegetation activities and collaborating with the Mining department to successfully co-ordinate progressive rehabilitation of operational areas.
- Collaboration with the Community and Corporate Affairs department to provide meaningful engagement opportunities for local community employees.
- Management of the Ecological Monitoring Contract, and other specialist consultants.
Desirable Tickets & Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Sciences or equivalent
- Excellent communication experience and effectiveness.
- Experience in Project Management or Contract Management is favourable.
If you believe you are suited to this role, please click on the 'apply' button below or forward your cover letter and resume to [email protected]
Candidates must have the right and able to provide evidence to work in Australia.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?