McArthur River Mine | Northern Territory
Ref. No. MRM2401
Glencore’s McArthur River Mine (MRM) is world class producer of zinc, lead and bulk concentrates with a long future ahead of us. Our open cut mine is located in the Gulf of Carpentaria 700 km southeast of Darwin and 45 km southwest of the township of Borroloola. Our zinc and bulk concentrate are transported to Bing Bong port facility and shipped to customers all over the world.
At MRM, we’re hiring an Environmental Advisor to support our large team of environmental professionals. You’ll be degree qualified in a relevant environmental science discipline, with practical work experience in environmental management, monitoring and/or compliance and approvals (preferably with a mining focus). You’ll use your knowledge and experience to drive a culture of safety and ensure compliance with internal and external requirements.
No two days will be the same and some of your duties may include:
- Providing accurate and consistent environmental advice and support to the Lead Advisor and other internal stakeholders.
- Leading and/or supporting unique environmental projects (e.g. rehabilitation and closure planning, technical environmental studies, water management, waste management, etc.).
- Assisting with collation, interpretation and reporting of accurate data for our internal and external environmental reporting.
- Helping maintain and improve our Environmental Management System to ensure it aligns to relevant quality and environmental standards.
- Assisting with stakeholder liaison, such as government and corporate representatives.
- Responding to, investigating and reporting on environmental incidents.
- Sharing learnings with our team and supporting the development and mentoring of members.
This role reports to a Lead Environmental Advisor and is FIFO from Darwin working either an 8/6 or a 4/3 roster and is a fantastic opportunity for work life balance. Living in the Territory presents a fantastic opportunity to explore a truly unique part of Australia. At MRM we support the Northern Territory first and Territorian applicants or those prepared to relocate with our assistance will be highly regarded for this role.
You’re a good fit with this role if:
- You have ambition and passion to protect the sustainability of the environment, and an interest in being a part of strategic planning for initiatives with real environmental outcomes.
- You understand approvals and assessment of environmental aspects and impacts in a mining environment.
- You can communicate effectively in a fast paced and challenging environment.
- You have a sound knowledge of environmental legislation and risk management.
For further information please contact:
Haris Cooper, HR Advisor - Resourcing, on 08 8975 8242
Applications close 24th January, Sunday 6:00pm NT Time. Please note, shortlisting and interviews may take place prior to advertising closing date. If you are interested in joining Glencore, we highly recommend that you to apply as soon as possible.