First Quantum (Ravensthorpe Nickel Operation - RNO) is currently searching for an experienced Environmental Advisor to join our team. This role is offered on a family friendly 8/6 roster. FIFO, DIDO or BIBO options available. We will also consider for the right candidate a Monday to Friday option withompany housing and relocation to Hopetoun provided.
Working for us at RNO will enable career development, whilst being exposed to one of the worlds' most complex mineral processing facilities. It is also in one of the world's most beautiful areas, with the Fitzgerald River National Park, 12 Mile Beach and the picturesque historic town of Hopetoun in close proximity to the mine site.
The mine and process plant are located in the middle of some of WA's most productive grain producing farmland and the challenges of this environment will provide enormous satisfaction to high performing specialists.
- Adhere to the company's HSE standards and procedures
- Complete statutory environmental sampling and monitoring requirements
- Collate, interpret and report environmental data
- Preparation of statutory environmental reports such as Annual Environmental Reports and other Compliance Reports
- Assist with the preparation of environmental Approvals Applications, Environmental Management Plans, and Procedures
- Conduct site environmental inspections and reporting and assist with site environment incident investigations
- Assist with preparation and implementation of environmental rehabilitation programs
- Supervision and management of work conducted by environmental consultants and contractors
- Promoting a high level of environmental awareness on site through presentations and documentation (newsletters)
- Assist operational personnel to fulfil their environmental obligations and functions
- Perform any other duties as reasonably directed.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years environmental experience in mining operations role
- Good understanding of key mining environmental legislation including Mining Act, EP Act and EPBC Act
- Experience in the preparation of statutory reports such as NGERS, NPI and AERs
- Experience in undertaking site environmental inspections and awareness programs
- Experience in the operation and maintenance of Environmental Management Systems
- Direct experience with conducting environmental monitoring and sampling and managing environmental monitoring data
- Experience in planning and implementing environmental rehabilitation programs
- Experience in use of GIS software (e.g. ArcGIS or QGIS)
- Work organisation skills to ensure meeting tight deadlines and work unsupervised
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
First Quantum recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age etc. - to see more visit GoRNO.com.au .
Visit our website and register for instant job alerts at www.first-quantum.com
Follow us for the latest news at https://www.linkedin.com/company/firstquantumminerals/