Environmental Advisor (Contract) - Port Kembla NSW
- We're seeking an experienced enviro for initial 12-month full-time contract
- You're an industry experienced enviro seeking a wide-ranging advisory role
- Together we're committed to a safer, zero harm environment
Together we are stronger. As a leading international agribusiness, we operate a range of interlinked businesses: Corporate, Grains, Malt and Oils - providing an integrated service across the food and beverage supply chain.
About our team
In 2016, GrainCorp celebrated 100 years of growth. Today, we are proud to be Australia’s largest agribusiness with diversified operations that span four continents and the global food supply chain.
GrainCorp Grains connects more than 10,000 grain growers with local and international customers via Australia’s largest silo network, with a storage capacity of over 20 million tonnes, seven bulk port elevators and two specialty port terminals. Innovation, integration and partnership are the foundations on which we are growing into our second century with customers at the heart of all that we do.
About the role
We are seeking expressions of interest from experienced environmental scientists with a minimum of 3-5 years industry experience to support us with a wide range of environmental audit and compliance work based from our Port Kembla Grain Terminal.
You'll assist in the development and implementation of improved systems and procedures to maintain compliance, and provide support across GrainCorp’s sites in Port Kembla and Newcastle with respect to environmental assessments. The role will require a small amount of domestic travel and own vehicle and licence is required.
You will support site management to research, review and compile data/information including the preparation of reports and recommendations relating to regulatory requirements.
The work will entail some investigations and drafting communications to relevant external authorities with guidance and support from our ANZ Environment Manager (to whom the role will report).
The position is initially offered as a 12-month full-time, fixed-term contract with the potential to extend.
About your experience
With your passion for all things environmental, you will have a proven track record in working autonomously, combined with an innate ability to coach and guide key stakeholders in relation to process controls and environmental matters including improving environmental performance and responsibilities. Your personable approach combined with your eagerness and willingness to learn, innovative ideas and adaptive behaviour will instantly set you apart.
Our ideal candidate also has the following attributes:
- Excellent written professional communication skills
- A knowledge of how to communicate effectively with environmental / external regulatory authorities
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders such as; Operations, Environmental SME, legal, engineering, external consultants, leadership, in order to reach consensus on approach to environmental matters
- A knowledge of Environmental legislation and compliance requirements (NSW preferred)
- Ability of provide pragmatic solutions to environmental compliance matters, and to provide advice on a range of suitable controls.
Together we realise our potential. At GrainCorp, we value and respect the different perspectives and experiences our people bring to work each day. We aim to increase the diversity of our workforce - leading to a range of different thinking, perspectives and ideas that create the innovation we need to drive better business results. We aim to have a work environment where everyone feels included and everyone can realise their full potential.
If you have questions regarding this role the Talent Acquisition Team is available to have a confidential discussion. You can contact Rav Naiker on +61 2 9266 9245.