Environmental Advisor - METRONET - YRE
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
NEWest Alliance is a multidisciplinary collaboration between CPB Contractors and Downer, working with the Public Transport Authority to deliver over $1.2 billion of works as part of METRONET.
Across two projects (Yanchep Rail Extension and Thornlie-Cockburn Link), the Alliance will add 32 kilometres of track to Perth's rail network, 5 new stations and 3 station modifications as well as 14 kilometres of principal shared path.
Together the projects are set to create 3000 jobs and once operational will give residents of the northern and southern suburbs greater access to employment and training, entertainment and recreation hubs.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an opportunity for and experience Environmental Advisor to join our NEWest Alliance office in Butler. You will work on the Yanchep Rail Extension Project and your responsibilities will include:
- Providing environmental technical advice, training and assistance to the Project
- Identify, assess and manage environmental hazards
- Obtain environmental approvals, permits, licences and consents
- Amend, implement and audit the Construction Environmental Management Plan, and review Contractor Environmental Management Plans to ensure conformance to requirements
- Develop, implement and deliver Project environmental inductions, toolboxes and training
- Establish and maintain Project environmental registers, including permitting and approvals, risk, obligations, ground disturbance, soil tracking, waste management and tracking, native fauna interaction, water management, trench inspections, and inspections, audits and montioring
- Develop, implement and report on project environmental monitoring programs
- Undertake field inspections and audits on environmental performance criteria, compliance and defects and respond to incidents
You are a strong communicator with effective problem solving skills. To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Management or a related field
- Extensive site-based experience in civil construction environmental management
- Sound understanding of Western Australia Environmental Legislation with proven ability to review and interpret relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice and contractual requirements to comply with environmental industry requirements
- Demonstrated ability in developing and interpreting approvals documents and preparing reports and monitoring compliance documentation
- Strong data collection and analytical skills
- Effective time and people management skills including planning and sequencing of work, and personal time management
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on “Apply Now” button.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Marie Hetherington via email [email protected]
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS