Environmental Advisor - Multiple Opportunities
About CPBJH JV
CPBJH JV brings together two of Australia's leading construction partners, CPB Contractors and John Holland, with unparalleled expertise in large-scale and complex project management, civil construction, traffic management and tunnelling.
The West Gate Tunnel is a partnership between the Victorian Government and Transurban. The Joint Venture has been chosen as the preferred contractor for construction, which will begin in 2018 following planning assessment.
About the Project
The West Gate Tunnel Project is a city-shaping project that will deliver a vital alternative to the West Gate Bridge, provide quicker and safer journeys, and remove thousands of trucks off residential streets. The project will include:
- Widening the West Gate Freeway from eight lanes to 12 between the M80 Ring Road and Williamstown Road;
- Building a 2.8km eastbound tunnel and a 4km westbound tunnel under Yarraville;
- Constructing a bridge over the Maribyrnong River providing an alternative to the West Gate Bridge;
- Constructing an elevated road along Footscray Road to the Port of Melbourne; and
- Major new cycling and pedestrian paths.
We are currently seeking applications from experienced Environmental Advisors to join our mega project . As an Environmental Advisor on this high-profile infrastructure project you will assist in the development, implementation and coordination of environmental initiatives. You will be accountable for:
- Providing advice to our design, construction and subcontractor teams in the areas of environmental management and sustainability to deliver outstanding environmental outcomes
- Developing, implementing and maintaining Environmental Management Plans and associated documents
- Ensuring environmental programs, initiatives and innovations are effectively implemented and communicated
- Conducting environmental monitoring, inspection and auditing programs and maintaining associated documentation and records
- Providing interpretation of results and regular progress reports against environmental performance targets for nominated worksites
- Influencing and fostering a strong HSE Culture through strong leadership, and communication skills
- Participating in internal and external auditing of the Environmental Management system
- Developing relationships and influencing both internal and external stakeholders
Our minimum requirements for these roles are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Science or Engineering
- Ideally, over 3 years’ experience as an Environmental Advisor
- Strong attitude and awareness of Safety
- Motivation and drive to achieve results
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to influence and develop relationships at all levels
- Ability to work autonomously
- Construction industry experience would be beneficial
CPBJH JV is committed to equal employment opportunity (EEO) and actively seeks to remove barriers people may face in gaining a successful position on the West Gate Tunnel Project. We value diversity in our team and people who share our values of authenticity, respect and excellence are encouraged to apply.