Environmental Advisor - Part Time (2 days per week)
What will I be doing?
- Provide environmental support and advice to project, planning and operational groups to enable projects to be efficiently undertaken with due regard to environmental considerations.
- Ensure that a fit for purpose Environmental Management System is implemented, maintained and continuously improved in accordance with the requirements of the AS/NZS ISO 14001 standard and undertake related reviews and audits
- Maintain procedures on terrestrial and aquatic weed management and provide related advice to the project teams and regional operations staff. Undertake environmental audits and provide assistance to project teams in relation to environment approvals and general environmental requirements for projects.
- Provide training and support to regional operations staff on weed and pest management
- Assist with the provision of environmental advice to Sunwater project groups on matters such as environmental approvals, weed and pest management
The role is a job share arrangement working 2 days per week (preferably Monday & Tuesday).
What are we looking for?
Committed, proactive and adaptable, you thrive in a team environment contributing as both team member and leader.
A tertiary qualification in a relevant environmental discipline coupled with your depth of experience, exceptional foresight, initiative, and problem-solving abilities within multi-team environments will see you succeed in this role.
Previous experience working in an environmental management team in a water service provider/ water utility business is highly desirable.
Some infrequent site travel may be required.
- Knowledge of terrestrial ecology and undertaking environmental surveys
- Knowledge of aquatic ecology, including native and non-native fish and other aquatic fauna, would be an advantage
Who are we?
Sunwater is a water service provider, making the most of the available water supply for our agriculture, urban and industrial customers. Our 19 dams and 1,158 kilometres of pipeline store, capture and deliver around 40 per cent of the water used commercially in Queensland to more than 5000 customers.
We are the specialists that industry, mining and government turn to when they need the right solution for:
- designing, developing, managing and operating bulk water infrastructure
- conducting environmental impact studies
- finding new ways to deliver water to remote locations.
Delivering the best outcome for our customers is what motivates us. We understand our customers’ needs and the essential role they play in regional growth and prosperity.
We encourage collaboration and innovation to drive new ways of working. We’re committed to creating an environment that allows our people to live well, grow and celebrate successes.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, apply today with CV and Cover Letter.