Environmental Advisor - Tropicana Gold Mine
After an impressive debut in 2013, the Tropicana gold mine has consistently achieved or beaten performance targets. Owned by AngloGold Ashanti Australia Ltd (70% and manager) and Independence Group NL (30%), this large-scale, modern open pit gold operation represents one of the most significant Australian gold discoveries of the last decade. Producing approximately 480,000 ounces annually, Tropicana has now established itself as an industry leader in operational excellence, offering an attractive working environment and contemporary accommodation and facilities.
We are now seeking an experienced Environmental Advisor to join our Safety & Environment team at the Tropicana Gold Mine. Accountable to the Environmental Superintendent, this role is based on an 8:6 FIFO roster from Perth or Kalgoorlie.
The position is being offered as a Fixed Term Contract through to August 2020 to backfill the existing Advisor whilst on Parental Leave.
The main tasks of the role include but are not limited to:
- Environmental Monitoring data QA/QC and analysis for trends and potential non-compliance.
- Environmental data collection and records management to efficiently achieve all internal and external Environmental reporting requirements.
- Preparation of all Environmental Regulatory Compliance Reporting
- Coordinate, and undertake, the scheduled environmental operational compliance tasks/activities and prioritise tasks to ensure environmental compliance. Identify opportunities for improvement and efficiencies in the Environment team systems and processes.
- Coordinate, provide operational support and drive improvement in waste management activities, including onsite waste disposal, controlled waste management and scrap metal recycling.
- Conduct and participate in incident investigations as required.
- Develop and maintain constructive relationships with key operational stakeholders to communicate environmental management requirements and improve environmental outcomes.
- Provide logistical support for consultants and contractors to deliver the scheduled operational compliance tasks / activities.
- Integrated Management System - document development, system review and continual improvement to maintain ISO14001 certification
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Tertiary qualified in environmental science or related discipline
- 5 or more years relevant experience in mining industry in an environmental operational compliance role
- Physically capable of working in a hot environment
- Experience in environmental reporting (NPI, NGER, GRI, Gov’t AER’s, CAR)
- Knowledge of the key relevant legislation and government departments in Western Australia
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skill
- Proficiency in GIS programs, specifically MapInfo
- Ability to negotiate and influence the behaviour of others in a manner that achieves the required environmental and compliance outcomes
- A national police clearance
- Existing and ongoing permanent work rights in Australia
Recruitment Agency referrals will not be accepted for this role, all interested candidates must apply directly.