Environmental Approvals Advisor
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Downer designs, builds and sustains assets, infrastructure and facilities and we are the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. We employ more than 53,000 people across more than 300 sites, primarily in Australia and New Zealand but also in the Asia-Pacific region, South America and Southern Africa.
Transport Projects, a division of Downer’s Australian Operations Business continues to secure further opportunities Nationally as we continue to build on our reputation of meeting and delivering on Australia’s major Transportation needs.
We have an opportunity for an Environmental Approvals Advisor to join our Metronet team for a 12 month fixed-term contract.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Based in the NEWest office you will report directly to the Environment and Sustainability Manager and frequently liaise with the site Environment teams. You will predominately be approvals/licencing focused in supporting the TCL and YRE site Environmental teams in obtaining/managing licences and approvals, and will also support project-wide Environmental Management System requirements. Other responsibilities will include:
- Preparing and submitting 26D and 5C licence applications for production water and dewatering
- Preparing Native Vegetation Clearing Permit applications
- Preparing Threatened Flora licence applications
- Developing scopes of work and managing consultants to obtain licences / meet licence conditions
- Preparation of management plans required as a condition of licences
- Collation of data and management of condition/reporting requirements for NEWest licences (water, fauna etc)
- Assist with monthly environment and sustainability reporting
- Develop and assist with managing site environmental audit/inspection/monitoring schedules.
- Degree qualifications in environmental management or similar
- At least 6 years’ experience in civil construction environmental management, with hands on experience working in a similar position that has primary responsibilities for environmental approvals, licences and permits
- Sound understanding of Western Australia Environmental Legislation with proven ability to review and interpret relevant legislation, standards and codes of practice and contractual requirements to comply with environmental industry requirements
- Demonstrated ability in developing and interpreting approvals documents and preparing reports and monitoring compliance documentation
- Strong data collection and analytical skills
- Effective time and people management skills including planning and sequencing of work, and personal time management
- Demonstrated effective on-ground problem solving techniques and skills especially as it relates to delivery of environmental outcomes
- Strong communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
WHAT WE OFFER
- An attractive remuneration package along with an opportunity to work in a dynamic environment within a highly successful, ASX listed organisation
- A workplace that focuses on Zero Harm, making safety a core part of everything we do
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfill their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion. If you are focused and aspired to grow your career in a challenging and leading-edge environment, you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
To apply for this great opportunity, please click on 'apply for this job' button below.
Applications must be submitted through the on-line portal. For more information about this position please contact Marie Hetherington via email marie[email protected]
WE RESPECTFULLY ASK NO AGENCY APPLICATIONS