Environmental Assurance Officer
Snowy Hydro is a dynamic energy company supplying electricity to more than one million homes and businesses. Since the days of our pioneering past, Snowy Hydro has grown into the fourth-largest retailer in the energy market.
Our business is home to world-class engineering and technical experts, who pride themselves on being leaders and innovators in renewable energy.
The Snowy 2.0 Exploratory Works are currently underway and we are looking for an Environmental Assurance Officer to join the project at this exciting stage. If you want to be a part of the Snowy 2.0 team and work in the beautiful Snowy Mountains than this role may be suitable for you.
The role of Environmental Assurance Officer is responsible for:
- Ensuring project compliance with all environmental obligations under various planning approvals, licences and legislation;
- Review contractor documation against project requirements and obligations;
- Ensuring the Contractor has implemented management measures which meet the obligations of the project and that these management measures are being implemented on site;
- Provide assurance that contractors maintain independently verifiable documentation and develop and manage systems to ensure this;
- Conduct regular and targeted site environmental inspections and assist in audits to ensure contractor compliance;
- Development and provision of environmental training as required;
- Review contractor incident investigations to ensure proper investigations are being undertaken and that all learnings from these investigations are implemented;
- Liaison with client project manager, engineers and other on-site representatives to ensure understanding and compliance with project environmental management requirements.
A suitable applicant for the role will possess the following attributes and experience:
- Degree qualified with an environmental specialisation or other relevant discipline
- A minimum 5 years experience in a similar role in civil construction, utilities or related industry
- Experience working with regulatory authorities and ensuring compliance to legislation
- An excellent communicator with good interpersonal skills and enjoys being part of a team.
- Effectively manages change to work tasks and the work environment, and assists others with adapting to change.
- Ability to identify issues and opportunities; make timely decisions and develop innovative solutions
- Ability to work on multiple projects of various size and complexity
- Able to work effectively in small to large multi-discipline teams, share and transfer knowledge within teams
- lives by the Snowy Hydro values of safety, teamwork, agility, decency, ownership and courage
This role will be based on site at Lobs Hole and will work an 8 on; 6 off roster.
To apply for this role please head to www.snowyhydro.com.au/careers. Applications will close on 25/11/2019.