A career at Arup offers you the chance to make a positive difference in the world. Independently owned and independently minded, Arup is the creative force at the heart of many of the world’s most prominent projects in the built environment. We offer a broad range of professional services that combine to make a real difference to our clients and the communities in which we work.
We are truly global, and our 15,000 planners, designers, engineers and consultants around the world deliver innovative projects with creativity and passion.
We are seeking an Environmental Consultant with 5-8 years’ relevant industry experience in a consulting, private industry or a government environment to join our Brisbane team.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Planning, Environmental Engineering or similar.
- Experience in environmental consulting, including environmental planning, impact assessment and/or statutory approval processes.
- Project management and business development experience would be highly regarded but not essential
- Research and analytical skills and excellent report writing skills.
- Membership of relevant professional institutions/professional peer bodies.
About the role
The key focus of this role is to provide input to a range of environmental-related projects and associated statutory approvals. This will include large infrastructure projects and smaller projects in a diverse range of sectors including transport, local and state government, energy and water. The role is part of a regional team and will require some interstate travel. Experience in ACT, Victoria or NSW viewed favourably.
In this role you will:
- Provide environmental input for a broad range of projects, both within the Queensland Environment and Resources group and for multi-disciplinary projects undertaken in the office/region
- Be involved in business development for environmental-related work in the group.
- Prepare project reports for clients summarising environmental outcomes and strategically advising on best outcomes.
- Contribute to the development of less-experienced environmental professionals within the team in both general environmental principals and techniques, as well as specific environmental capability.
- Liaise with other office discipline groups on such project-related matters.
The people at Arup are driven to find a better way and to deliver better solutions for our clients.
“We welcome applications from a diverse group of people, including those who are seeking flexible working, have accessibility needs, want to bring their whole selves to work, and can enrich our workforce with cultural diversity.”
We offer a competitive remuneration package commensurate with qualifications and experience to the right candidate including a global profit share scheme, excellent staff benefits and long-term career development opportunities.
If you are interested in helping us shape a better world, please click the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your online application.
The application form will include these questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Have you completed a qualification in environmental engineering?
- How many years' experience do you have as an environmental engineer?