About the company
BMD is a privately owned national construction company operating a fully integrated civil infrastructure group with over 40 years’ experience. This opportunity is available within our major infrastructure division, BMD Constructions, which delivers necessary upgrades to improve Australia’s connectivity.
The BMD Group of companies has a team of 1,700 people and operates a flat management structure which results in quick and effective decision making and close interaction with senior leadership.
At BMD, our business is our people. We pride ourselves on our family culture which sees our people build long-term careers with us. We are committed to hiring and developing the industry’s best. Join our family where you are valued, supported and empowered to contribute, and where high performance and innovation is encouraged.
About the role
We are currently seeking an experienced Environmental Coordinator to join the team to support and upcoming project based in Regional North Queensland. BMD’s Environmental Coordinators are directly responsible for planning, implementing and managing BMD’s Environmental Management systems across a diverse range of civil infrastructure projects.
The successful applicant will;
- Manage environmental management systems to client specifications
- Write and review environmental reports
- Provide accurate environmental advice
- Assist the project team with environmental audits
- Investigate all project environmental incident reports
- Have confidence in liaising with external parties, the client and internal management at all levels
- Positively influence others.
To be successful in this role, you will need;
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science/Engineering
- 2-5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Experience in the Australian civil construction industry working on heavy civil infrastructure projects will be highly regarded.
- A workplace that believes Zero Harm is achievable and continuously strives to reach this goal.
- The career progression and professional development opportunities of a large tier one company, with the flat management structure and relationship based approach of a small family owned business.
- Discounted corporate health insurance and access to a dedicated employee assistance program.
- Opportunity to take a more active role in achieving overall wellness through BMD’s Good Health and Wellbeing program.
- BMD recognises the importance of diversity and embraces differences as an equal opportunity employer providing a flexible and inclusive workplace that rewards high performance and promotes a healthy work-life balance.
- Access to subsidised holiday accommodation on the Gold Coast, Queensland.
How to apply
Please click the 'apply for this job' button below to submit your application.
Due to the high volume of applications and enquiries, we are only able to respond to shortlisted candidates.