APG Workforce is a national employer of choice supplying a flexible workforce to industries who promote safety and well being as priorities.
Our client is a manufacturer of quality poultry products for the Food Service and Retail Markets. Based in Beresfield NSW, we are looking for an Environmental Coordinator for an ongoing role.
In this role you will ensure compliance with all relevant Legislation, Policies, Guidelines and Codes of Practice relating to the site’s Environmental Management System, whilst displaying environmental stewardship and driving continuous improvement.
The position is also responsible to carry out work to Baiada standards including Minimum Operating Standards, the Quality System, HACCP, Good Manufacturing Practices, Workplace Injury Management System, Environmental Management System and the Baiada Work Place Health and Safety System.
Skills and Experience Required
- Knowledge of all processes within scope
- Ability to make quick and correct decisions “on the job” and long term decisions
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Lotus Notes
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to achieve departmental targets
Experience in or knowledge of feed milling, poultry processing and further processing, and how it can impact on legal requirements in terms of environment risk.
- Ability to work in a team environment to resolve problems or improve systems
- Previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Background in poultry processing or food manufacturing
- Prior knowledge of Environmental Systems in the work place
- Structured training in computer database and spreadsheet use
- Good meeting management skills
- Experience in dealing with environmental complaints, with regulators and in conflict resolution.
To be considered for this role you must:
- Tertiary (to Cert IV level) qualification in environmental / related science or relevant industry experience and training
- Excellent leadership skills including conflict resolution and problem solving
- Structured project management training and / or experience
- Current state drivers licence
- Excellent people skills, mathematical and communication skills, both written and oral
Legally entitled to work in Australia (Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident)
For more information, please don’t hesitate to contact our office.
APG Workforce Newcastle