Environmental Engineers or Scientists
Join a global professional services leader.
We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation.
Strong demand for our services has created an exciting opportunity for Environmental Engineers or Scientists at Senior or Experienced Professional level to join the team in our Orange office on a permanent basis.
This role is ideal for someone with a background in consultancy who has career aspirations to work across multiple projects as part of a highly regarded multi-disciplinary team.
This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic, respected and growing global organisation, but also maintain and build upon client relationships and further business development within the local Central West NSW community.
Enjoying the Central West region of New South Wales, you can enjoy true work-life balance and long-term careers prospects. The area offers affordable housing, quality schools, lots of local sporting facilities and a strong local community.
There are also easy direct flights to/from Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane.
With a vibrant food and wine scene, a heap of local events and in close proximity to Sydney and other regional areas, Orange has it all!
This diverse and exciting position will see you involved in:
- Design, coordination, and management of impact assessment studies
- Supporting integrated environmental compliance processes for major developments including mining, renewable energy and transport
- Preparing post-approval environmental documentation including environmental management plans
- Conducting environmental monitoring and/or inspections
- Preparing technical environmental reports
- Managing projects including budgets, project teams and timelines
- Working within multi-disciplinary project teams, providing environmental advice to others within GHD
- Supporting and assisting other team members in a learning and collaborative environment
You will have the opportunity to work on local, national and global projects, which may at times entail working from client office locations or other GHD office locations either virtually or on-site. We’re also happy to discuss part time and flexible work options.
What will you bring to the team?
- Between 5 and 15 years of post-graduate work experience in a similar role
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Science, Planning or another relevant discipline
- Experience or willingness to manage clients and communications with regulators
- Understanding of Federal and NSW environmental legislation
Interested? Apply now.
Contact Paul Inglis
T +61 3 8687 8619.
GHD is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities and invites applications from all nationalities, genders, and cultural backgrounds, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples.
We respectfully ask that no agency resumes be presented at this stage.
Being the best we can be is in our culture.
We are a family of smart, innovative and creative problem solvers. In our employee-owned company, everything feels like it matters more. Challenge us and help us come up with new solutions to ensure water, energy and urbanisation are made sustainable for generations to come.
Our commitment to you
Commitment is a powerful word that defines how we do business, how we serve our clients and how we care for one another. We will support your needs by giving you the tools to do your best work and then recognise achievements. We will set your curiosity free to allow brilliant minds to do their best work. We will invest in new ideas, removing barriers where we can. Finally, we will encourage you to collaborate with thousands of diverse people across our global business.
Who we are
We are committed to solving the world's biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanisation. GHD is a global professional services company that is a leader in engineering, construction and architectural expertise. Established in 1928, we remain wholly owned by our people. We are 10,000+ diverse and skilled individuals, yet we are proudly ‘One GHD’ across more than 200 offices, spanning five continents – Asia, Australia, Europe, North and South America, and the Pacific region. Delivering extraordinary social and economic outcomes, we are passionate about building lasting relationships with our partners and clients.