Environmental Graduate - Commodore
WHO WE ARE
Downer is the leading provider of integrated services in Australia and New Zealand. Through trusted relationships and world leading insight we work closely with our customers to design, build and sustain assets, infrastructure and facilities.
Our Mining, Energy and Industrial division provides engineering and construction, contract mining and asset services to customers in the resources, energy, power generation and industrial sectors. As part of this team, you'll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to deliver market-leading, safe, cost effective and environmentally friendly outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
WHO WE ARE
Downer is a diversified engineering and services business. With over 19,000 employees we build strong relationships of trust with our customers, truly understanding and predicting their needs and bringing them world leading insights and solutions.
Our Mining division is Australia’s leading diversified mining contractor, having open cut operations, underground, blasting, plant maintenance and tyre management projects. As part of Downer Mining you’ll join a group of innovative thinkers who work together to provide safe, ethical and environmentally conscious outcomes that exceed customer expectations.
Downer Mining is currently seeking an enthusiastic and motivated Environmental Graduate for our Commodore Mine near Toowoomba. As a Graduate, you will be contributing to meaningful projects that directly impact the ongoing success of Downer Mining.
Reporting to your hiring manager, you can expect to be provided with business improvement projects that will both challenge and further develop those skills you learnt at university. As part of the broader project team, you will support and assist with operational activities and environmental management strategies.
As part of the graduate program, you will commence at Commodore, but you will be transferred to other Downer Mining projects over a period of 2 years prior to completion of the graduate scheme.
- A commitment to personal learning and development
- Highly motivated to succeed and a desire to be challenged
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental/Science/Management or related discipline
- Interest in local environmental and land management issues
WHAT WE OFFER
- A residential position with attractive employee benefits and great working conditions
- Work in a business where there's room to grow and a team that will support your journey
- Supportive working environment with a focus on safety, training and development
For any questions regarding this role, please contact Jessica Graham at [email protected]