Environmental Health Officer
- $76k - $80k pa gross (plus benefits)
- 6 month Contract
- Location: Caloundra
- Vacancy No: 496233
- Applications close: Monday 28 January 2019
Why work with us?
There is no better place to live and work than on the Sunshine Coast, especially with an outstanding organisation like Sunshine Coast Council.
With the vision to be Australia’s most sustainable region - Healthy, Smart, and Creative, Council is at the forefront of delivering a number of game-changer projects that will see the region become a hub for innovation, entrepreneurship and creativity, along with opportunities and a lifestyle for all to enjoy.
About the Role
As the environmental health advocate you will be central to increasing community awareness of environmental health. This will be activated by your relationships with license, registration and permit holders. Ensuring compliance to agreed standards and regulations, plus assisting with all their information and educational needs. The role will;
- Audit, regulate and enforce activities that are licensed, registered or approved by Council
- Manage the application process for these licences, registrations & permits
- Investigate, inspect and enforce solutions to ensure compliance
- Carry out research to contribute to policy development
With extensive knowledge in legislation, policies & procedures in environmental health, and a manner that activates positive change, you will join a team focused on retaining and growing strong standards. Tertiary qualifications in Applied Science (Environmental Health) or equivalent significant industry experience is highly valued. Strong business acumen, empathetic & persuasive manner and a passion for environmental health is key.
Our Culture & Employee Benefits
Council is committed to creating an inclusive, culturally diverse, healthy, skilled and committed workplace culture. As an employee you will enjoy a range of benefits which include but are not limited to:
- 9-day fortnight - to support your enjoyment of the lifestyle benefits Sunshine Coast has to offer.
- Discounted health related memberships and other wellbeing initiatives
- Generous Superannuation benefits - Council will also contribute 12% Superannuation in addition to your 6% superannuation contribution
How to apply
For full details regarding this position and what to include in your application, refer to the Position Profile. Alternatively, click 'apply for this job' button below and follow prompts to complete your application.
Helpful information to assist you in completing your application is available on the Sunshine Coast Council website.
To learn more about Council’s vision and projects, you can view the Corporate Plan 2018-2022.
For specific enquiries contact Craig Kelly during business hours on (07) 5420 7402.
Through its Reconciliation Action Plan, Sunshine Coast Council supports social and economic opportunities for the local, Indigenous Australian community and as such, strongly encourages Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to apply.