We work on challenging and exciting projects that shape the way we evolve, adapt and transform the industries we work in. We rally together, drawing on the diverse skills across our teams and create environments where great ideas are heard.
This opportunity will see you join a reputable company with a highly experienced team who work together to develop and provide solutions for our customers.
About the role
We are seeking expressions of interest for upcoming projects for experienced Environmental Manager.
As a key member of the project leadership team, your leadership skills will ensure that all work meets the standards in relation to environment, safety, quality, schedules and cost. You will:
- Provide guidance and direction to project stakeholders unlocking Environmental and Sustainable value while significantly reducing risk exposure from working on client assets
- Lead a team of professionals to support the environmental management of a large and diverse contractor workforce
- Champion the implementation of the Environmental Management system and Sustainability programs
- Develop and implement Environmental and Sustainability continuous improvement strategies
- Grow the relationships with key stakeholders so they are considered valued partners in delivering contractual requirements safely
- Your experience and professionalism is sought by management for your input and advice to ensure an environmental and sustainability culture that fosters continuous improvement
- You have the ability to influence behaviour through effective communication and active listening skills
- Your advanced technical knowledge in environmental systems will be accompanied by your demonstrated experience of practical application to similar projects
- You operate with a sense urgency to complete tasks, can prioritise effectively and have a reputation for being outcome focussed and reliable
- Through a coaching leadership style, you are able to effectively challenge and hold others accountable to deliver on assigned actions
- The teams you have lead are recognised as high performing which you are able to substantiate through measured outcomes.
What we offer
- Diverse opportunities to grow, back yourself and achieve
- A chance to join a 6,000+ strong organisation owned by the CIMIC Group, one of the world’s leading international contractors
- Pathways for you to succeed and the space for you to carve your own journey
- Competitive group remuneration and benefits including:
- incentive opportunity
- health and wellbeing program with company-funded salary continuance insurance
- flexible work arrangements – have a chat to us around how this can work for you
- A culture that values diversity and innovation, evolving with market changes and new technologies
What makes you right for UGL
- Genuine concern for safety
- Capacity to flourish in a high-performance environment
- An innovative mindset and a willingness to challenge the norm
- A belief that success and value are driven by real teams where everyone has a role to play
UGL Pty Limited is a leading provider of end-to-end engineering, construction and maintenance services. We are active across rail and transport, communications and technology systems, oil and gas, power, renewables and resources, water and defence markets. UGL partners with some of the world’s largest blue-chip companies and government agencies, private enterprises and public institutions. We are a member of the CIMIC Group of companies.
As a diversified services organisation, UGL appreciates the diversity and richness of its people, and seeks to create inclusive environments that promote your talent and skills.