Environmental Manager - Bridgewater Project
- Iconic Tasmanian project, exciting construction experience
- Join a company with a fast growing portfolio of major projects
- Excellent team culture where great work is recognised
McConnell Dowell is a major engineering, construction, building and maintenance contractor operating in 23 locations throughout Australia, Asia, New Zealand, and the Pacific Islands.
Our vision is to be a leader in the delivery of infrastructure, building and resource solutions.
Our mission is to create opportunities for personal and professional development and create a positive outcome for our organisations whilst optimising the positive legacy for the communities with whom we engage.
Working at the forefront of the industry, we provide our people with a stimulating environment that challenges them to think laterally and excel even beyond their own expectations. We equip, inspire and empower our people to be their very best, to learn through experience, and to help us reach the highest standards across all areas of the business.
Our creative approach is what makes us stand out from the crowd. We rate ourselves on our ability to innovate to achieve the highest results and provide the best value for our clients. It also means we are not afraid to work on challenging projects that not only require a creative engineering approach, but also creative support staff.
We value Safety and Care, Honesty and Integrity, Customer Focus, Working Together and Performance Excellence. We hire the best and brightest in our field. It’s something we’re proud of, it is reflected within our achievements and it enables us to be industry leaders.
About the Project
This is an opportunity to join a once in a lifetime Tasmanian Project for the Creative Design and Construction of the iconic New Bridgewater Bridge.
You will be helping to shape Tasmania’s largest Infrastructure project while contributing to and growing with a highly motivated, multi disciplined and diverse Project Delivery Team.
- High exposure Tasmanian Project
- Passionate Team delivering best in class outcomes for the project and Tasmania
- Build on your skills portfolio and share your enthusiasm, learnings and experience with others
We are currently seeking applications from qualified and accredited environmental professionals to join us in the position of Environmental Manager to assist the project team deliver an exciting and fast-paced construction project. In this role you will provide advice and assistance to key stakeholders for the development, implementation, review and revision of environmental sections of the Project Execution Plan.
As Environmental Manager, you will be accountable for:
- Achieving system improvements with a focus on continual improvement reducing costs and increasing rating scores
- Active contributions sharing knowledge to/from the project and promotion of the project environmental and sustainability outcomes
- Obtaining relevant approvals for permits, permissions and approvals for access or works that affect the environment
- Ensuring environmental legal compliance to project with environmental requirements
- Reporting, investigating and implementing corrective and/or preventive actions resulting from identification of environmental hazards and incidents within the agreed timescale
- Providing support to projects for environmental incident investigations, including reporting and close out of corrective actions
- Ensuring the Project Specifications are met relating to environmental performance
- Managing environmental costs
- Monitoring progress with environmental and sustainability targets and inform the Project Manager where targets are not being met
- Coordinating and participating in internal/external environmental audits when required
- Managing and overseeing the work of direct reports
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in area of environmental science/engineering, natural resource management or related field
- GIS experience is highly desirable
- Detailed knowledge and appreciation of current environmental issues in a construction environment including within the rail corridor
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including ability to prepare high standard reports and documents
- Self-sufficient, requiring limited supervision with focus on results.
- Competent in use of MS Office, SharePoint, Team Binder
If you would like to work for a business that appreciates the unique capabilities and perspectives of each employee, and which values the safety and well-being of its people, please consider joining the McConnell Dowell Group.
McConnell Dowell is an equal opportunity employer, and we value diversity within our company.
Please apply online following the link. Note all successful applicants must hold valid work rights for Australia and pass a satisfactory pre-employment medical, drug & alcohol checks.
Please note: This role is being sourced through McConnell Dowell directly and we will not accept applications via external recruitment agencies.