About Whitehaven Coal
Whitehaven Coal is the leading Australian producer of high-efficiency, low emissions coal, and the dominant player in Australia’s only emerging high-quality coal basin. We help to power highly-developed and emerging economies in Asia where there is strong and growing demand for our product.
We operate six mines in the Gunnedah Basin in North West New South Wales and have developed a reputation for excellence in operations, project delivery and safe and efficient operations. We are proudly local and employ locally-based employees where possible.
Whitehaven is at an exciting stage in its development with a robust development pipeline in both NSW and Queensland and real opportunities for employees to contribute to our strategic growth agenda.
Whitehaven is an ASX100 company committed to recruiting, retaining, and investing in a modern and diverse workforce which values teamwork, respect and recognition. We are an equal opportunity employer and provide a healthy, smoke-free workplace.
The Role: Environmental Officer (Narrabri, NSW)
An outstanding opportunity has become available for an Environmental Compliance Officer to join our Environmental department at our Narrabri Coal mine.
Reporting to the Environmental Superintendent you will be successful in the role if:
- Your commitment to safety is second to none.
- You have a passion to protect the health and well-being of the environment
- You understand the approvals, management and monitoring of environmental aspects and impacts in a mining environment.
- You can communicate effectively in a fast paced and challenging environment
- You have a sound knowledge of environmental legislation, risk management and HSEC management system implementation.
Specifically you will be responsible for:
- Administering the CMO Compliance system
- Administering the Document Control system ensuring it is maintained and up to date
- Preparing relevant training modules
- Coordinating audits,compliance monitoring and reporting
- Liaise with contractors and consultants on the mines rehabilitation programs to ensure statutory commitments are achieved
The successful applicant will possess the following qualifications, experience and qualities:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science or related discipline
- Knowledge of regulatory processes in the mining sector
- Ability to deliver high quality work within required deadlines
- Attention to details
For the successful candidate Whitehaven will offer:
- Excellent culture and enjoyable work place
- Great conditions of employment
- Commitment to safety and health as a way of life
- Provide professional and technical development opportunities
- Support employees to achieve professional accreditation
- Relocation assistance
If you are looking for an opportunity with a rapidly growing company that values their employees in an exciting role then please apply below.