WolfPeak exists to protect the environment today and for future generations, through knowledge, passion and inspiration.
This role can be located in our Wauchope office or other NSW Mid North Coast location as mutually agreed. Our Wauchope and larger Sydney office are welcoming collaborative spaces combining diverse expert knowledge, creative problem-solving and pragmatic experience to solve environmental problems.
- This role may require overnight travel to rural NSW or Sydney.
The Environmental Planner will report to the General Manager.
The successful candidate will support and / or lead environmental planning projects across a broad set of clients and project types. The Environmental Planner will provide sound advice on the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979, and provide planning inputs into environmental management during delivery of major projects.
We prepare environmental assessments for public and private infrastructure projects, particularly REFs that range from walking trails to energy, roads, rail, water treatment, and other community infrastructure.
We support major infrastructure construction contractors and proponents by preparing assessments, environmental management plans and tender documentation for their projects including Snowy 2.0, Pacific Highway Upgrade, Inland Rail, Sydney Metro and more.
We work closely with, and provide environmental / planning support to, NSW State government agencies including Transport for NSW, the Department of Planning Industry and Environment, Regional NSW, the Port Authority of NSW and local government agencies.
We project manage community and local government driven projects including walking and mountain biking paths in NSW and natural resource management projects.
The Environmental Planner will be a key contributor to the success of these clients and projects.
Key Responsibilities and Key Result Areas:
- Work in collaboration with multi-discipline teams to deliver environmental and planning outcomes on projects and for clients
- Preparing Statement of Environmental Effects, Review of Environmental Factors and Consistency Assessments
- Develop project proposals, fee estimates, and tenders
- Complete tasks in accordance with agreed time frames, budgets, and outcomes
- Keep up to date with current research and legislation via specialist publications, following relevant social media groups or by attending conferences
- Promotion of best practice within the group and individual projects
- Provide technical review of team members’ work as necessary
- Other work as agreed with the General Manager.
- Resolve client management issues where required
- Develop and maintain a professional profile with key clients and the environmental community generally
- Undertake an active role in client care.
- Workload management including cross collaboration of work between offices
- Inputs into business planning as required by General Manager.
Key Skills and Attributes
- A relevant tertiary degree in Planning, Environmental Planning or equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in the public or private sector with a focus on infrastructure assessment, consulting or project management related work
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Project management experience
- A natural problem solving approach to work
- A desire to positively engage with our clients
- A current New South Wales Driver’s License
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to write clearly.
Internal relationships comprise of:
- General Manager
- Team members
External relationships comprise of:
- Clients (including State and Local government, private sector, not-for-profits)
- Professional Associates